Merrick Garland, the Supreme Court justice nominee that never was and otherwise emptiest of empty suits at the Department of Justice, got emotional during an interview with CBS’ Scott Pelley the other day. What was the source of his tears? Was it remorse for targeting of traditional conservatives and Catholics? Was it the lack of meaningful prosecution of the most (alleged) naked example of political corruption since Watergate? Was it regret at being completely embarrassed by Mitch McConnell?
No – it turns out what welled his eyes was our “sacred” democracy. CBS reported:
“Look, I think it’s the best any public servant can hope for, that we’ve done our best, that we pass on a Justice Department that continues to pursue the rule of law and protect it. It’s the same thing that every generation has to hope, that we can pass our democracy on in working order to the next generation that picks up the torch and is responsible when we’re finished to continue that job,” Garland said, appearing slightly choked up.”
Dry that out, and you can fertilize a field.
The truth is that there is no “democracy” in a system that is heavily slanted against only one side of the political spectrum. This has played out many times where abortion supporters seemingly get a slap on the wrist for egregious crimes, if they’re charged at all, while pro-lifers get the book thrown at them for lesser crimes. There are countless examples of this hypocrisy:
- Students for Life of America (SFLA) volunteers were arrested in 2020 for writing “Black Preborn Lives Matter” in chalk on the sidewalk in front of an abortion facility. Thankfully, they were released after the judge stated that “the government may not enforce the laws in a manner that picks winners and losers in public debates.” Meanwhile, nearly two-thirds of D.C. arrests are not prosecuted (actual crimes, like carjacking, assault, and more).
- In September 2022, more than 20 armed FBI agents arrested Mark Houck at his home – for the crime of praying outside an abortion vendor in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Meanwhile, not a single arrest has been made for the “Summer of Rage” where more than 70 acts of violence and vandalism were perpetrated against pro-life pregnancy centers and organizations.
- In May 2023, professor Shellyne Rodrigue at Hunter College in New York City targeted and harassed SFLA students doing a tabling event – multiple times. Later that month, she held a machete up to a reporter’s throat and said “Get the f*k away from my door, or I’m gonna chop you up with this machete!” Her reward? She’s got a new teaching job – at Cooper Union in East Village, and a misdemeanor.
- Nearly half of the federal cases against Portland rioters have been dismissed for multiple riots and lootings in the summer of 2020 where Antifa and BLM affiliated protestors attempted to burn down a federal courthouse – with PEOPLE INSIDE OF IT. Likewise, a man who helped burn down the Minneapolis Police station during the George Floyd riots got a mere four years. Meanwhile, Richard Barnett, the man most famous for walking into the Speakers’ Office and putting his feet up on her desk on January 6th got four years for breaking into her office. Dominic Pezzola got 10 years for smashing a window in the US Capitol.
- Just yesterday, it was announced in an article at Newsweek that the FBI is targeting Donald Trump supporters in the same fashion they would monitor a terrorist movement. On the other side of the “domestic terrorism” spectrum, FBI Director Christhopher Wray said in 2020 that “Antifa is an ideology, not an organization.”
- As mentioned previously in this blog, the FBI has likewise targeted Catholic organizations – a subpoena by Jim Jordan likewise proved this. He stated, “Americans attend church to worship and congregate for their spiritual and personal betterment. They must be free to exercise their fundamental First Amendment rights without worrying that the FBI may have planted so-called ‘tripwire’ sources or other informants in their houses of worship.”
- A transgender extremist murdered six children at a Nashville Christian school in May 2023. To this day, the manifesto she wrote has never been released because the FBI and local police refuse to do so. Within hours of the 2022 Buffalo Shooting occurring, the shooters entire manifesto was pushed online by the media.
On and on it goes – endless examples, and if we held our breath waiting for equal application of the law in this current judicial system, we would pass out.
Thankfully, the Republicans on the Judiciary Committee are turning up the heat on this naked abuse of the law. We hope they succeed – and that these violent extremist groups going after the pro-life movement are given the label of “terrorists” they have so richly earned. Just a few examples:
- In January 2023, a pro-life activist had a bottle broken in their face by a pro-abortion activist in Chattanooga.
- In September 2020, a pro-life student was punched by a pro-abortion activist in Washington D.C.
- In October 2021, six SFLA students were assaulted at a march in Denver..
Until the other side is treated with the same severity and concern that the DOJ apparently reserves for the pro-life movement, Attorney General Garland can save his meaningless tears and his vacuous chattering about democracy. We know that the Department of Injustice has their thumb on the scale and that they will never treat the pro-life movement with anything resembling equality under the law – that’s completely evident by their behavior in the last three years.
But if he or any of his agents at the DOJ or the Federal Bureau of Investigation think we’re going to give up or step back, they are out of their minds. The abuse and corruption will only steel our resolve to keep going and to fight twice as hard for the preborn.
They can’t stop us – nothing can.
Libertas aut mors.
To read our most recent statement on the NYC machete professor who threatened a reporter with murder getting a sweetheart deal, click HERE.
Share this post