Did you just find out your local coffee shop is donating money to Planned Parenthood? Did your local jewelry store hang a sign toting pro-abortion language? If you just found out a local business in your town supports abortion, SFLA is here to help your group boycott them!
SFLA Resources to Request from your Regional Coordinator:
- “Know Your Roe and Doe” topic cards
- “Post-Abortion Healing” topic cards
- “Rapid Response” training
- Find out what kind of support the business is giving to the abortion industry.
- Is the business donating a certain percentage of sales to an abortion facility? Are they showing support of a pro-abortion bill? To find out what kind of support they are giving, simply walk in the door and ask!
- If they give a certain percentage of business revenue to an abortion facility on a specific day of the week, for example, on a Saturday, pick the date and time you are going to protest.
- Now it’s time to get creative! Once you know the day you are protesting, gather your pro-life friends and create signs!
- Be specific! If the business is supporting a pro-abortion bill, create signs that oppose the bill. If the business is donating funds to an abortion facility, create a sign that lets people know where their money is going!
- Now that you have your signs and your date picked, it’s time to rally the troops!
- If you have a Facebook account, create an event and invite your group members and local pro-life friends!
- Call and text to invite your friends to the event! It’s a good idea to send a reminder text the day before!
- Make sure you follow all laws about boycotting a business in your area. Ask your group adviser to assist you with learning these laws.
- It’s the day you’ve been waiting for!
- Arrive at least 15 minutes early to find a good place to stand. Wear your favorite pro-life shirt and have your signs on hand so people know where to find you!
- Once you’re there, you can stand with signs on the sidewalk, chant as cars drive by, and have all resource post cards on hand to people as they pass by!
- If you know of a similar business that does not support abortion, hand out flyers for them instead! You want people to know where to go!
How do we keep the message going?
Support local businesses that you know are pro-life! Rather than having your next meeting at the school, support the local pro-life coffee shop by having your meeting there!
Questions? Contact your Regional Coordinator for more information.