Student Spokesperson Program
Are you a former SFLA Fellow, still in college? Did you complete a leadership program for SFLA? Are you interested in online and in-person media relations?
Applications for the 2022-2023 Student Spokesperson Program are now closed.
The Student Spokesperson Program
The Student Spokesperson Program is a Students for Life of America Initiative that trains advanced pro-life student leaders in communications and media relations efforts. A Student Spokesperson is a college student leader who has completed or is enrolled in an SFLA leadership program in addition to playing a key role in leading activism on campus and in the community.
The mission of the Students for Life of America Student Spokesperson Program is to raise up the next generation of pro-life leaders who can communicate the pro-life message on a national level. This yearlong program improves communication skills through participation in monthly webcasts for discussion, mentorship, and the completion of projects. Student Spokespersons will learn valuable skills and techniques to apply in careers and throughout a lifetime of service in the pro-life movement.
- The program will consume a few hours per week.
- No financial stipends or pay is available.
- Your travel and food during the National Leaders Collective will be covered.
- Any additional meals in the airport or beyond the meal stipends are the leader’s responsibility. *The meal stipend is usually more than enough.
All SFLA Spokespersons will be flown to Washington, D.C for the National Leaders Collective, a kick-off weekend of training from Thursday, June 23rd– Monday, June 27th, 2022. Flights, housing, and meals will be covered by SFLA.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- Students who have completed an SFLA fellowship, the SFL Action Captain Program, or another leadership initiative within Students for Life.
- Must be a current active member in a campus pro-life organization and a college sophomore or older.
- Must be interested in pursuing a full-time career in the pro-life movement.
- Must be able to attend the National Leaders Collective, Thursday, June 23rd– Monday, June 27th, 2022.