In December, 2021 Students for Life of America’s (SFLA) Demetree Institute for Pro-Life Advancement released its Christian Schools Project, investigating all 784 Christian schools across the country to identify any ties these Christian institutions have to the nation’s largest abortion vendor, Planned Parenthood.
Another goal of the Christian Schools Project was to encourage and identify schools which also support pregnant and parenting students on campus. SFLA is proud to introduce the Christian Schools Standing with You Scholarship Competition where we pick three Christian schools that are doing outstanding work for women on campus.
It’s time to highlight the amazing pro-life efforts of students who attend Christian colleges and universities across America who are setting the standard for great Christian schools. These groups have a passion for helping pregnant and parenting students on their Christian campus, and SFLA wants to award them for their efforts—with your help! By evaluating each school’s friendliness and support for parenting students on campus, we have narrowed it down to our top ten school groups, and now it’s up to you to help us choose the winner.
Check out one of our schools that made it to the top ten below: Benedictine College in Kansas
Benedictine College is one of ten student groups competing to be in the top three of all Christian Schools that will earn a scholarship for pregnant and parenting students on campus and an award for their group activities for the upcoming year.
Benedictine College, a Catholic institution, was rated an A+ grade for not promoting Planned Parenthood to their students AND promoting life-affirming options to their pregnant and parenting students. The mission statement of their SFLA group, Ravens Respect Life, is to defend human life from conception until natural death in and beyond Benedictine College. The group’s goal is to equip and educate students to save lives which are threatened by abortion, euthanasia, and the destruction of human embryos for research.
Here are some accomplishments of the Benedictine College group:
- Sidewalk advocacy trips multiple times per month, which include prayer and counseling. The most recent special advocacy trip was to the Overland Park Planned Parenthood for the Feast of St. Joseph, and 38 students participated.
- Annual participation in 40 Days For Life; Spring Break deployment with Susan B. Anthony List in Philadelphia; and participation in the National Pro-Life March in Washington, D.C., with six buses full of students.
- Financial aid is made available to pregnant and parenting students. Other resources, such as diapers, formula, and blankets
,are stored in the group’s pregnant and parenting resource storage unit and given to mothers in need.
- The group has also done diaper drives outside the local Walmart and provides pregnant and parenting students with brochures that have a detailed list of local pregnancy resources.
- They are also working with local legislators to pass the Value Them Both Amendment, which protects basic restrictions on abortion.
You can vote for this school to receive a $1,500 scholarship for a pregnant or parenting student on their campus and up to $500 to help their group activities for the upcoming year. Click HERE to vote for Benedictine College (Kan.)!
And that’s not all, either—each of these three groups will also get to send two representatives to the National Leaders Collective. This is SFLA’s weekend of pro-life activism training for student leaders within our movement. At the National Leaders Collective, these two representatives will receive their award.
CAST YOUR VOTE BELOW!
Share this post