INITIAL REPORT FINDS:
Planned Parenthood’s quiet relationships with many faith-based schools flies under the radar of many engaged at colleges and universities. Schools partner with Planned Parenthood by listing them as a student resource, publicizing internships and careers with the abortion giant, and more.
“There is an unholy partnership between a number of Christian schools and the abortion industry,” said SFLA’s Kristan Hawkins, “but Students for Life is mobilizing pro-life advocate nationwide to cut ties with the nation’s number one abortion vendor.”
WASHINGTON D.C. (3-3-2021) Students for Life of America (SFLA) is working to identify and document every Christian school in the country that partners with the nation’s largest abortion vendor, Planned Parenthood, as an on-going project for student activists. SFLA is mobilizing the Pro-Life Generation and SFLA partners to survey their schools’ resources and relationships and to contact schools affiliated with Planned Parenthood, urging school administrators to end abortion industry connections that compromise their Biblical and Christian commitments if they exist. Students for Life President Kristan Hawkins released preliminary findings today of the national audits, the first of many reports to come.
“There is an unholy partnership between a number of Christian schools and the abortion industry,” said Kristan Hawkins, President of SFLA. “We want to equip pro-life advocates to take action and encourage schools to disentangle themselves from Big Abortion. It is crucial that colleges and universities that claim an affiliation with the Christian faith and Biblical values do not contradict those values by partnering with or promoting perpetrators of abortion violence.”
SFLA conducted research on about 700 Christian colleges and universities, identifying about a hundred schools with ties to Planned Parenthood.
Christian schools most commonly engaged with or promoted Planned Parenthood by:
· Advertising Planned Parenthood internships and career postings;
· Referring students to Planned Parenthood as a resource;
· Incorporating Planned Parenthood into medical school rotations;
· Hosting events for students with the abortion giant.
SFLA has researched about 700 Christian colleges and universities in the United States. While a full report on the schools found to have ties with Planned Parenthood will be published by SFLA’s Institute for Pro-Life Advancement later this year, SFLA has released the first set of 25 Christian schools found to have ties with Planned Parenthood.
Two of the first 25 schools released — Messiah College and St. Francis University, both in Pennsylvania — removed their connection to Planned Parenthood after being contacted by pro-life advocates.
The remaining 23 schools with ties to Planned Parenthood released in the first wave of research are:
- American University (D.C.), Methodist
- Augsburg University (MN), Lutheran
- Augustana College (IL), Lutheran
- California Lutheran University (CA), Lutheran
- Drury University (MO), United Church of Christ
- Eckerd College (FL), Presbyterian
- Emory University (GA), Methodist Episcopal
- Fordham University (NY), Catholic
- Luther College (IA), Lutheran
- Macalester College (MN), Presbyterian
- McKendree University (IL), United Methodist
- New Brunswick Theological Seminary (NJ)
- Ohio Wesleyan (OH), United Methodist
- Oklahoma City University (OK), United Methodist
- Paine College (GA), Methodist
- Roanoke College (VA), Lutheran
- Saint Joseph’s University (PA), Catholic
- Saint Norbert College (WI), Catholic
- Southwestern University (TX), United Methodist
- Trinity Washington University (D.C.), Catholic
- University of Indianapolis (IN), United Methodist
- University of Lynchburg (VA), Disciples of Christ
- West Virginia Wesleyan (WV), United Methodist
SFLA is mobilizing advocates to contact the remaining schools that have not yet removed their affiliation with the abortion industry, and SFLA teams are continuing to survey schools to detail any connections with Planned Parenthood or other abortion vendors.
Click here to read Kristan Hawkins’ analysis at The American Thinker.
For interviews, contact Kristi Hamrick at [email protected].
Students for Life Action (SFLAction) is the 501c4 sister organization of Students for Life of America (SFLA), the nation’s largest, pro-life, student organization with more than 1,240 groups on middle, high school, and university campuses in all 50 states. Students for Life has more conversations with those most targeted by the abortion industry every day, week, and year than any other pro-life outreach in the world and mobilizes the Pro-Life Generation to confront abortion at the local, state and national levels daily. Every week, Students for Life entities reach more than 2 million people across social media platforms to have nearly 200,000 digital conversations with the most engaged pro-life online audience in the world.
Students for Life of America (SFLA) is the nation’s largest, pro-life, youth organization. Headquartered in Fredericksburg, VA, SFLA serves more than 1,240 groups on college and university, middle and high school, medical and law school campuses in all 50 states. Student pro-life organizations work to confront policies on their campuses to support pregnant and parenting students, to end Planned Parenthood’s relationships with schools and communities, and to change minds of their peers about abortion. SFLA has more conversations with those most targeted by the abortion industry every day, week, and year than any other pro-life entity.
Share this post