“The Presidential debates and townhalls so far have spent considerable time focused on the policy interests or irritations of the moderators,” said Students for Life/SFLAction’s Kristan Hawkins. “Since they seem to have trouble making a decent list, the Pro-Life Generation wanted to lend a helping hand with some relevant questions.”
WASHINGTON D.C. (10-22-2020) – From the middle of a 10-state #Justice4Life, #VoteProLifeFirst tour now going nationwide, Students for Life of America/SFLAction President Kristan Hawkins took a break to offer some questions for the Presidential debate tonight. “Most Americans do not want to see a continuation of abortion on demand, as it exists today. In fact, if you like limits on abortion, you don’t like Roe v. Wade, which made it possible to end almost 62 million lives and counting,” she noted. “So, we put together a list of questions on real policy concerns to lend a helping hand.”
FROM THE PRO-LIFE GENERATION:
1. ON YOUR POLICY GOALS: Do you intend to propose laws, write executive orders, appoint personnel and spend scarce taxpayer dollars to protect preborn life or end preborn life?
2. ON ABORTION SPENDING: Do you intend to increase taxpayer funding of abortion in the United States?
3. ON ABORTION SPENDING WORLDWIDE: Do you want to export abortion at taxpayer expense? Will the “aid” you want to offer result in deaths?
4. ON CODIFYING ROE: Do you intend to push for a federal law that will put the tenets of Roe v. Wade into law, making it legal through all 9 months, for any reason at all, and sometimes with taxpayer funding?
5. ON LIMITS ON ABORTION: Do you believe there should be limits on abortion and at what point?
6. ON COURT PACKING: Do you intend to manipulate the Supreme Court by adding extra justices who you believe will agree with you in order to get the rulings you want on abortion?
7. ON HEALTHCARE: Do you believe ending preborn life is healthcare?
8. ON CONSCIENCE RIGHTS: Will you offer legal protection to people, organizations, churches and medical professionals so that they cannot be forced to fund, support or participate in ending preborn life?
9. ON RATIONED CARE: Will you pledge that the government run healthcare proposals you put forward will not prioritize cutting off care and ending the lives of the vulnerable to save money?
10. ON FREE SPEECH: Do you condemn the use of violence directed at Americans who hold pro-life views, and do you condemn manipulative polices and speech codes designed to silence pro-life speech?
11. ON EMPOWERING WOMEN: Do you believe that working moms like Judge Barrett would be more empowered if they had aborted their children? Do your plans for empowering women require taxpayer funded abortion?
For interviews, contact Kristi Hamrick at [email protected].
Students for Life Action(SFLAction) is the 501c4 sister organization of Students for Life of America (SFLA), the nation’s largest, pro-life, student organization with more than 1,240 groups on middle, high school,and university campuses in all 50 states. Students for Life has more conversations with those most targeted by the abortion industry every day, week, and year than any other pro-life outreach in the world and mobilizes the Pro-Life Generation to confront abortion at the local, state and national levels daily. Every week, Students for Life entities reach more than 2 million people across social media platforms to have nearly 200,000 digital conversations with the most engaged pro-life online audience in the world.
Students for Life of America (SFLA) is the nation’s largest, pro-life, youth organization. Headquartered in Fredericksburg, VA, SFLA serves more than 1,240 groups on college and university, middle and high school, medical and law school campuses in all 50 states. Student pro-life organizations work to confront policies on their campuses to support pregnant and parenting students, to end Planned Parenthood’s relationships with schools and communities, and to change minds of their peers about abortion. SFLA has more conversations with those most targeted by the abortion industry every day, week, and year than any other pro-life outreach in the world and mobilizes the Pro-Life Generation to confront abortion at the local, state and national levels daily. Every week, Students for Life entities reach more than 2 million people across social media platforms to have nearly 200,000 digital conversations with the most engaged pro-life online audience in the world.
Share this post