As part of our Students for Life High School Program, we are proud to announce that the 2020-2021 Thaddeus Stevens Leadership Fellowship application process is open! Like its college counterpart, the William Wilberforce Fellowship, the Stevens Fellowship has been developed to raise up the next generation of pro-life leaders. We want you, high school students, to become the best leaders and activists in your schools and, ultimately, in your communities!
WHAT PAST THADDEUS STEVENS FELLOWS ARE SAYING…
“The Fellowship has given me so much support. It’s great to be a part of something where we are all so passionate about the movement. The readings have helped me a lot with time management, communication skills, and more. I also love hearing from guest speakers. I never thought I could be a pro-life professional until now.” –Elizabeth, Colorado
“Before the Stevens Fellowship, I really thought I had made up my mind. I thought I was going to work in the medical field and become a registered nurse. After the Stevens Fellowship, it has made me really question if I want to do that. I have felt a calling towards working in the pro-life movement. I have an open mind to the possibilities and opportunities that are awaiting me. Whatever I do in the future, I know I have a wonderful group of friends from both the Wilberforce and Stevens fellowships cheering me on.” –Marcos, Oregon
“The Thaddeus Stevens Fellowship has been one of the most transformative, impactful experiences of my life. From making life-long friends to exploring the depths of pro-life philosophy with my mentor twice a month, I not only have become a more effective advocate for life, the fellowship has also trained me to become a steadfast leader in a wide array of topics. I cannot be more grateful for the Stevens experience, and all the blessings it brings to my life and the life of countless others.” -Carson, Texas
“Having been in the Stevens Fellowship, I can safely attest to its value in the life of a pro-life leader in high school. The chance to network with other brilliant pro-life leaders from around the country and learn from some of the best pros in the movement at the weekend summit is not to be missed, and the biweekly calls with the other fellows are amazing. The Stevens Fellowship has been huge in showing me who “my people” are, and has shown me that I really can go on to work in the pro-life movement full-time. That’s not an impossible dream anymore.” -Faith, Maine
The SFLA Thaddeus Stevens Leadership Fellowship encompasses all the training you need for a future in the pro-life movement! The mission of this fellowship is to raise up the next generation of pro-life leaders. We want to train high school pro-life activists to be leaders at your schools (and beyond) and to connect you with mentors in the national pro-life movement to help further develop your skills.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Learn what it takes to be a leader by reviewing various books and participating in bi-weekly webcasts for discussion and guest speaker lectures.
- Apply the skills you learn to your school’s pro-life group through advanced projects in all five pillars of SFLA.
- Assist Students for Life of America in its mission of equipping the Pro-Life Generation.
- Work with your mentor, a pro-life leader in a national organization, who will help you network with the national pro-life movement.
All SFLA Thaddeus Stevens Leadership Fellows will be flown to Fredericksburg, VA for a kick-off weekend of training: Friday, July 31st– Tuesday, August 4th at Students for Life Headquarters. Flights, housing, and meals will be covered by Students for Life of America.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY
- Any high school or homeschool (high school-aged) students may apply.
- Must be a current leader in a pro-life campus (or homeschool) group.
- Must be able to attend the Stevens kick-off weekend, Friday, July 31st– Tuesday, August 4th.
- The fellowship will consume a few hours per week.
- No financial stipends or pay is available.
- Your travel and food during Fellowship Weekend will be covered.
- Any additional meals in the airport or beyond the meal stipends are the Fellow’s responsibility. Note that the meal stipend is usually more than enough.
All applications due by midnight on May 1st. Interviews will be scheduled shortly thereafter. Selections will be made by May 15th.
HOW TO APPLY
Fill out the application below by midnight on May 1st, 2020.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you would like more information about the Thaddeus Stevens Leadership Fellowship, please contact Mary Briganti: [email protected].