Speaking at other Meetings
Is your group having trouble finding new members? Try speaking at like-minded student group meetings! Think of clubs like The Newman Center, Christian Intervarsity, B.A.S.I.C., College Republicans, etc. Ask to speak at their meetings to educate members on what your Students for Life group does and how you can partner together.
SFLA Resources to Request from your Regional Coordinator:
- “Join Us” postcards
- SFLA “Recruitment” training
- Contact the president and/or adviser of similar student groups to inquire of speaking at one of their meetings.
- Explain your Students for Life group’s mission, purpose, and why you would like to partner with them.
- Schedule a date and time with the president to speak to their group.
- Ask 2-3 group members to present at the meeting.
- Order resources from SFLA to hand out at least one week before the meeting. The “Join Us” recruitment postcard would be great for this opportunity.
- Prepare a speech for the meeting. Confirm how long you will be given to speak and plan accordingly.
- Go to the meeting and speak to the group😊
- Entice members to come to your events and to potentially join your club as well.
What to include in your Speech/Talk:
- Share your plans/ goals/events for the semester.
- Share why their members should be interested in your group.
- Talk about the importance of creating dialogue about the abortion issue on campus.
- Show an inspiring pro-life video, such as “The Tide is Turning” (https://studentsforlife.org/the-tide-is-turning/) or “Meghan and Jessica” (https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=megahan+and+jessica+sfla&view=detail&mid=CF5C74B5B830CD42FF98CF5C74B5B830CD42FF98&FORM=VIRE)
Questions? Contact your Regional Coordinator for more information.