National Cupcake Day
Abortion is a heavy topic, so let’s lighten the mood a bit! National Pro-Life Cupcake Day is a sweet and fun way to bring to attention that not everyone will be able to have a birthday. Those who are aborted should be remembered! Let’s raise awareness about abortion! This non-confrontational way is a great means to raise awareness, start conversations, and educate your peers about an issue that is often ignored.
SFLA Resources to Request from your Regional Coordinator:
- SFLA “Recruitment” post card
- “Recruiting and Retaining Members” training
- Create a plan.
- Plan a day and time to set-up your table. Choose a highly-trafficked area such as before school, during lunch, or after school. Ask for approval for the location from your administration or group adviser.
- Rally your members.
- Assign at least two group members to be present at all times.
- Gather your materials.
- Schedule a fun evening for baking cupcakes! Find a church or group member that is willing to let you use their kitchen, put on a movie, and bake away! Decorate your cupcakes in bright and fun colors!
- Host the National Cupcake Day!
- Set-up a table for your cupcakes with signs to advertise your group.
- Start conversations with students about why you are hosting this event, and recruit other pro-life students to your group!
Other important info:
This event is a huge recruiting tool! Be sure to give a flyer with group information to everyone that grabs a cupcake! Let your peers know when the next group event is.
Questions? Contact your Regional Coordinator for more information.