Host a Pro-Life Event
Event planning on a law school campus can seem difficult with the busy nature of graduate student life. But it is possible! For help, reach out to your SFLA Regional Coordinator at [yourstate]@studentsforlife.org. You can also contact SFLA’s Med/Law Program Coordinator, Mary Briganti, at [email protected].
Students for Life can help you get pro-life legal experts as speakers, pro-life displays about Roe v. Wade and other topics, and anything else your Law Students for Life group is interested in doing on campus.
Ideas for Educating Your Campus
- Host a speaker. SFLA offers grants each semester for pro-life law speakers. Contact [email protected] for details.
- Do a flyering campaign on campus (find flyers here).
- Create a lunch speaker series allowing students to eat lunch and learn more about the pro-life issues you face as future attorneys.
- Organize a debate on the abortion issue by inviting one pro-choice legal expert and one pro-life one.
- Contact your SFLA Regional Coordinator at [yourstate]@studentsforlife.org for more ideas.
Engage in Politics
- Get involved with politics by working with our sister 501c4 organization, Students for Life Action.
- Register pro-lifers to vote.
- Volunteer for pro-life political campaigns through Students for Life Action.
- Lobby your legislators.
Whether you recognize it or not, everything you do has the chance to touch a heart and change an opinion. Stay passionate, stay bold, educate your peers, engage the passionate, and you will see the change.