Do all humans deserve equal rights? We know the answer is yes! This display helps point out the humanity of the pre-born, which is a huge stumbling block for pro-choice advocates under the impression that babies in-utero are just clumps of cells. The Human Rights Tabletop concludes that discrimination against any group of people should not occur, but rather that all humans deserve equal rights.
Step by Step Guide
- Contact your Regional Coordinator at [yourstate]@studentsforlife.org.
- Email him/her requesting this tabletop and accompanying materials, and a date and time for him/her to assist your group with displaying this tabletop.
- Arrange a time for your members who will be taking part in the display to do the corresponding Human Rights Training with your Regional Coordinator.
- Reserve a spot on campus.
- Contact your administration, and follow their steps for reserving a space and a table. Contact your Regional Coordinator with any problems.
- A high traffic area and time is best, whether that is inside or outside. For college groups, we recommend the time slot of 9am-2pm. For high schools & middle schools, before/after school and during lunch are great times.
- Pack your materials.
- Your Regional Coordinator will bring the display accompanying materials, but you’ll want to have your own recruiting tools to gather the contact information of interested pro-life students. Consider using either a clipboard with a sign-up sheet or a laptop/iPad.
- SFLA’s Join Us cards are also handy for recruitment, especially if you personalize them with your group’s info on the back.
- Organize workers for the display.
- Ask members to sign up in shifts to work the display. You will want at least two members present at all times. An easy way to keep your list of volunteers organized is a Google doc or similar. Email this out, or post it on your group’s private Facebook page.
- Work the display!
- Pass out as many topic cards as you can, and use them to start conversations. Have a good attitude and encourage people to share their opinion on the display content.
- If someone is upset and angry, stay calm. Remember, you don’t know their story. They may have been hurt by abortion in their past. You should always strive to be a good ambassador for your group, Students for Life of America, and the pro-life movement. Be loving, be kind, be truthful and your display will touch many people.
Questions? Ready to request this display? Contact your Regional Coordinator at [yourstate]@studentsforlife.org.