Does your group struggle with recruitment? Do you need to boost your group membership? Have you invited people to come to your group events but not see the benefit of all your hard work? Try doing this awesome recruitment technique and you will be surprised how many new members you will find!
SFLA resources to request from your Regional Coordinator:
- “Join Us” topic cards.
- Meeting sign-up sheets.
- A “Recruitment and Retention” training.
- At least two clipboards.
- Pens (make sure you have extra!).
- Create quarter-sheet flyers to hand out to students.
- Each flyer must include:
- Meeting time and place.
- Group name and contact information.
- Purpose of your meeting!
- Inspirational quote/meme.
- Plan a day to clipboard with your group!
- Set a goal:
- For example, we will clipboard for an hour and speak with at least 25 people.
- Go Clipboard!
- Stand in a high traffic area at your school (in front of the cafeteria/dining hall, in front of the library, etc.).
- Write a few fake names at the top of the sign-up sheets (people don’t like to be the first to sign up). Make sure that you remember those are fake names!
- Walk up and talk to people! Say something like, “Hi, are you pro-life?” or “Do you want to help new mothers keep their babies, raise life issues on campus, influence elections, and/or change your university and world?”
- Be sure to hand everyone a flyer and “Join Us” topic card.
- If people seem like they are truly passionate about life, mark a star next to their name to follow-up with them first.
- Inspire them with plans and future events.
- Be over the top enthusiastic and friendly!
- If you are super friendly and enthusiastic, even if the student you are talking to is pro-abortion, they will have a harder time being rude to you.
- At the end:
- At the end of your tabling or clip-boarding event, conduct a debriefing session with group members.
- Find out if any of your team had exciting conversations to share.
- Divide and assign new contacts to group members for follow-up.
- Count and celebrate all the new contacts!
- Don’t forget to follow up with the people who signed your clipboard within 24 HOURS!
- Text, email, Facebook message, or call each contact.
Questions? Contact your Regional Coordinator for more information.