Did you start a pro-life group and am looking for new members to join? Not quite sure where to start? Almost everyone likes candy, so make this an incentive to recruit! Try the Candy Facts recruitment technique to spread the pro-life message while finding new members!
SFLA Resources to Request from your Regional Coordinator:
- “Join Us” post cards
- “Fetal Development” post cards
- “Recruitment and Retention” training
- Reserve a space.
- Talk to your administration or group adviser to reserve a space at school. Get approval from your school before distributing any candy.
- Buy Candy! You can usually find a 16oz bag of candy for under $5! Mind the weather-chocolate should melt in your mouth, not your hand.
- Do your research. That’s right, make sure you get those facts straight!
- Type a fetal development fact and add the time, date, and location of your next meeting underneath the fact. You can easily do this in an excel sheet. If you’re feeling creative, make it colorful or write them out.
- Print your facts and stick or tie them to your candy. You can use balloon ribbon or basic tape!
- Have fun handing out these factual treats while you recruit!
On the top tabs, click “Page Layout.” Under “Gridlines” check the box that says “Print.” When you are typing the information into the first cell, type “Alt” + “Enter” to have multiple lines in one cell. To highlight your typed cell, hit “Ctrl” + “C” to copy the info. After you’ve copied, highlight your cells within the print border, and type “Ctrl” + “V” which will paste the information. Format, print and cut and you’re all set!
What if I don’t want to hand out fetal development facts?
Are you ready to move into the next level? Would you like to hand out facts on Planned Parenthood instead? That’s great! Simply request the “We Don’t Need Planned Parenthood” postcards along with the “We Don’t Need Planned Parenthood” SFLA training!
Questions? Contact your Regional Coordinator for more information.