Co-Hosting the event, Students for Life of America to celebrate StandingWithYou.org, which compiles nationwide resources for free, non-violent abortion alternatives as part of a strategic plan to prepare for a Post-Roe America
“Every day, the pro-life community proves that we are here for women and their children, born and preborn, no matter how many times we’re accused of not caring,” said SFLA’s Kristan Hawkins. “But as we get closer to a Post-Roe America, we’re taking our message straight to women across the country so that they know we are standing with them so that they never have to stand alone.”
Washington, D.C. (02-08-2022) – On Valentine’s Day, Students for Life of America, the nation’s largest pro-life youth organization, will co-host a news conference along with Heritage Action featuring national pro-life leaders engaged in protecting life not only in law but also in service. In preparation for a Post-Roe America, pro-life leaders and activists are sharing their commitment to ensure that mothers and their children, born and preborn, have the help they need. Leaders will discuss how they partner with young families, while Students for Life will highlight StandingWithYou.org, which has been relaunched with more robust technologic capabilities after 10-years of service as a powerful resource compiling free, local, nonviolent resources available to women nationwide. These resources include healthcare, food assistance, housing, childcare, information about pregnant and parenting rights on campus, and in the workplace, and more so that no woman in an unplanned pregnancy stands alone and is instead connected to the life-giving, non-violent alternatives to abortion available in her area.
MEDIA ADVISORY: Attendance at the event is invite only and non-transferable. Media must register at [email protected] to attend.
WHAT: Press conference co-hosted by SFLA and Heritage Action to push back on the narrative that pro-lifers only care about babies in the womb and to highlight new StandingWithYou.org services and features.
WHEN: Monday, Feb. 14 at 11 am ET
WHERE: Heritage Foundation, 214 Mass Ave NE, Washington
- Kristan Hawkins, President of Students for Life of America/Students for Life Action
- Patrina Mosley, speaker, writer, and public policy expert on life, women’s dignity, and the black family, and contributing author of upcoming book, Choose Life: Answering Key Claims of Abortion Defenders with Compassion.
- Toni McFadden, Pro-Life Activist and Speaker, post-abortive speaker at March for Life 2022
- Penny Nance, President and CEO, Concerned Women for America
- Andrea Trudden, Vice President of Communications & Marketing, Heartbeat International
- Christina Bennett, News Correspondent, Live Action
- Janae Stracke, Director of Grassroots, Heritage Action for America
- Ruth Asmarzadeh, Standing With You alumni and mother, studying for a psychology degree
- Kelly Dierberger, Mrs. Fredericksburg, running for Mrs. Virginia/Mrs. America
- Emilie Kao, Senior Counsel and Vice President of Advocacy Strategy with ADF
- Cherie Short, Former Deputy Assistant Secretary, Intergovernmental Affairs, DHS
- Kristi Hamrick, Chief Media & Policy Strategist, Students for Life Action/SFLA
“On Valentine’s Day, we want women to know that they and their children – born and preborn – are loved,” Hawkins commented, “A predatory abortion industry making billions through ending young lives tells women that they are alone in the world and incapable of succeeding at home and at work. They sell women short, and then they sell them an abortion, creating real fear in women. We want women to know that we are already working to help them, and that no woman needs to stand alone.”
Students for Life Action (SFLAction), a 501c4, along with its 501c3 sister organization, Students for Life of America (SFLA), make up the nation’s largest pro-life youth organization and a political and policy operation engaging people of all ages. Together they work to end abortion — the human rights issue of our day — and provide political, legal, and community support for women and their children, born and preborn. Headquartered in Fredericksburg, VA, SFLA has more than 1,250 groups on middle, high school, college, university, medical, and law school campuses in all 50 states. SFLA creates strategy, policy, and programming to connect those most targeted for abortion with people ready to help and builds a framework for political engagement on their behalf. SFLA and SFLAction have more conversations with those most targeted by the abortion industry than any other pro-life outreach in the world, reaching more than 2 million people across social media platforms each week and engaging in approximately 100,000 digital conversations per month. Over more than 15 years, President Kristan Hawkins has grown SFLAction/SFLA into an $18 million organization preparing for a Post-Roe America.
Share this post