As we’ve come to the close of the 2021-2022 school year, Students for Life of America (SFLA) will be giving out three end-of-year awards for Best New Group, Best High School Group, and Best College Group—and you get to help us choose which groups deserve these awards! Read below to find out about one of the schools that has been nominated to receive Best College Group of the Year: The Penn State Students for Life!
The Penn State Students for Life group has existed for many years on the campus of Pennsylvania State University, but has recently expanded their group’s activity and outreach in the last two years. Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Penn State Students for Life group was small and struggled with membership—however, that all changed with SFLA training.
The President of the Penn State Students for Life group Lauren Shovlin attended SFLA’s Summer Post-Roe Leadership Academy and applied the knowledge she gained from the SFLA workshop to grow her group to more than 40 active members! Here’s what the Penn State Students for Life did this year:
- Hosted the SFLA Fall Tour (See Me Now) and Spring Tour (No Woman Stands Alone)
- Attended the March for Life and National Pro-life Summit
- Hosted multiple Pregnancy Resource Center fundraisers and volunteer activities
- Made meals for a Pregnancy Resource Center
- Attended local Life Chain
- Hosted multiple pro-life speakers, including several SFLA regional coordinators and Toni McFadden
- Hosted SFLA President Kristan Hawkins’ speaking tour ‘No Woman Stands Alone’
- Attended the Philly Stand up for Life Dinner
- Sidewalk Counseled in Pittsburgh at an abortion facility
- Canvassed for pro-life causes in Philadelphia
The Penn State Students for Life plan to continue their growth and activism by participating in pro-life legislative campaigns, bringing more resources to pregnant and parenting students on their campus, and most ambitiously, creating a network of pro-life college students in the state of Pennsylvania by hosting a major conference in the state.
Clearly, the Penn State Students for Life are dreaming big to help preborn babies and families experiencing unplanned pregnancies and living out their dedication to life.
To vote for the Penn State Students for Life group to win Best College Group of the Year for 2021-2022, click HERE!
Share this post