As we’ve come to the close of the 2021-2022 school year, Students for Life of America (SFLA) will be giving out three end-of-year awards for Best New Group, Best High School Group, and Best College Group—and you get to help us choose which groups deserve these awards! Read below to find out about one of the schools that has been nominated to receive Best New Group of the Year: The Students for Life at Southeastern!
The Students for Life at Southeastern group just started in the Fall of 2021 on the campus of Southeastern University in Lakeland, Florida. In the first semester, their group gained more than 80 contacts after they recruited non-stop to get their pro-life efforts off the ground, and 40 of those members are consistently active. For the first year, their plan was “to have everyone on campus know who we are and why we’re here,” but they have done so much more than that.
The Students for Life at Southeastern group is diverse and dependable with all positions filled (including a graphic designer), and they even produce a monthly pro-life newsletter. The group also understands the importance of social media and produces pro-life apologetic content.
Here’s what they have been up to this semester:
- Became official partners with a local pregnancy resource center (PRC)
- Raised more than $1,700 at a Walk for Life to support the local PRC
- Held a prayer vigil at a local abortion facility
- Donated baby items to their local PRC
- Handed out goody-bags and information for the local PRC to students while tabling
- Volunteered to consistently babysit with Younglife to help teenage mothers
- Participated in SFLA’s Pro-Life Gala, and their president, Kayleigh, was a featured speaker
- Went to the National Pro-Life Summit in Washington D.C.
- Participated in 40 Days for Life events
- Raised more than $1,000 in group t-shirts for a group fundraiser
- Hosted a panel to discuss aspects of the abortion issue
- Raised almost $400 on National Pro-Life Cupcake Day for mothers in need
- Hosted SFLA’s Fall Tour (See Me Now) and Spring Tour (No Woman Stands Alone)
- Hosted four different pro-life speakers
- Participated in a Florida Heartbeat Bill petition signing event
Their plans for next semester are to grow even more by continued advertising on campus and activism on and off campus—we can’t wait to see what the next year holds for their pro-life efforts.
To vote for the Students for Life at Southeastern group to win Best New Group of the Year for 2021-2022, click HERE!
Share this post