“While the Women’s March has been very clear that the pro-life perspective is not welcome at these events, let me be equally clear: The Pro-Life Generation will be there, anyways,” said Students for Life of America’s Kristan Hawkins. “Being pro-life is holistically pro-woman. We support women through all stages of life — pregnancy, parenting, adoption, and post-abortive regret — unlike the abortion lobby that has always put dollars signs above women.”
WASHINGTON D.C. (10-07-2022) – TOMORROW, Students for Life of America (SFLA) will be countering Women’s Marches in six cities nationwide this Saturday, October 8, 2022, in order to represent the fact that women don’t need abortion to succeed and the majority of women reject the violence of abortion. SFLA demonstrators will be holding signs that read “Abortion Betrays Women,” “Let Their Hearts Beat,” and “Dear Women, The Abortion Industry is Lying to You.”
While pro-life women have been repeatedly uninvited, and the Women’s March has stated outright in a recent tweet, “We’re not just pro-choice. We are proudly, unapologetically pro-abortion,” SFLA team members and the Pro-Life Generation have continued to show up year after year to be a voice for the preborn and the women targeted by the abortion industry.
After the Women’s March dropped a pro-life feminist organization as an official partner of the march, SFLA President Kristan Hawkins spoke out on the Women’s March tying itself to the abortion industry. Hawkins told the Washington Post:
“It further proves that this is what the abortion industry does. They have taken over any talk of feminism in the country to point out that if you are antiabortion, you are accused of being anti-woman.
SFLA team members and the Pro-Life Generation will be available for interviews and B-roll at these Women’s March locations across the country:
- Atlanta, Georgia: The Atlanta counter event will take place at Liberty Plaza in Atlanta, GA 30334 at 3pm local time and will be coordinated by Cori Woods.
- Austin, Texas: The Austin counter event will take place at the Long Center for the Performing Arts at 701 W Riverside Dr, Austin, TX 78704 at 10:15 -11:30 a.m. local time and will be coordinated by Faith Elwonger.
- Boston, Massachusetts: The Boston counter event will take place at Massachusetts State House, 24 Beacon Street, Boston, MA, 02133 at 12pm local time and will be coordinated by Stephanie Luiz.
- Denver, Colorado: The Denver counter event will take place at Civic Center Park, 101 14th Avenue, Denver, CO, 80204 at 12pm local time and will be coordinated by Brooke Faulkner.
- New York City, New York: The New York City counter event will take place at Washington Square Park at 50-58 Centre St, New York, NY 10007 at 12pm local time and will be coordinated by Taylor McGee.
- Washington, D.C.: The Washington D.C. counter event will take place at Folger Park at 11:00 am local time and will be coordinated by Mary Briganti.
Each year, SFLA has experienced harassment and hostility from abortion supporters at these events. Incidents have included abortion supporters stealing and throwing pro-lifers’ phones, verbal abuse and threats, and physical abuse through hitting, shoving, and pushing.
For interviews, contact [email protected]
Students for Life Action (SFLAction), a 501c4, along with its 501c3 sister organization, Students for Life of America (SFLA), make up the nation’s largest pro-life youth organization and a political and policy operation engaging people of all ages. Together they work to end abortion — the human rights issue of our day — and provide political, legal, and community support for women and their children, born and preborn. Headquartered in Fredericksburg, VA, SFLA has more than 1,300groups on middle, high school, college, university, medical, and law school campuses in all 50 states. SFLA creates strategy, policy, and programming to connect those most targeted for abortion with people ready to help and builds a framework for political engagement on their behalf. SFLA and SFLAction have more conversations with those most targeted by the abortion industry than any other pro-life outreach in the world, reaching more than 2 million people across social media platforms each week and engaging in approximately 100,000 digital conversations per month. Over more than 16 years, President Kristan Hawkins has grown SFLAction/SFLA into an $18 million organization preparing for a post-Roe America.
Share this post