A Desire for Less Abortion, More Freedom, and a Firm Rejection of the Biden Administration’s Push for No Test, Online Distribution of Chemical Abortion Stand out in New Poll from Students for Life of America’s Demetree Institute for Pro-Life Advancement.
A FEW KEY FINDINGS:
- More than ever, Millennials and Gen Z want a voice and a vote on abortion. An astonishing 8 in 10 want to vote on abortion policy in their states – UP from 66% last year.
- Standing firm in their desire for less abortion, once again 3 out of 4 Millennials and Gen Z want limits with more than 4 in 10 favoring either no abortion at all or abortion limited to the exceptions of rape, incest, or to save the life of the mother.
- When considering how devalued people have been treated historically by those in power, 65% of Millennials and Gen Z did not support allowing people in power to decide who is fully human and deserving of legal rights.
- More than 6 in 10 oppose No Test, Online distribution of Chemical Abortion Pills, and almost 7 in 10would vote for a legislator who fights for health and safety standards.
- Hyde Amendment protections have the support of 54% and 55% oppose funding abortion worldwide.
- The universal sign of life – a heartbeat – matters to Millennials and Gen Z. Now 52% indicated that after a baby’s heartbeat is detected, they want either no abortion at all or abortion only with exceptions made for rape, incest, or when the mother’s life is in danger. That is up from 47% in 2021.
- Learning more about Roe’s deadly impact flipped 10% of Millennials & Gen Z from supporting to opposing Roe. Almost 6 in 10 oppose Roe’s radical reach, of abortion through all 9 months of pregnancy.
WASHINGTON D.C. (01-18-2021) – Students for Life of America’s newly relaunched Demetree Institute for Pro-Life Advancement released an extraordinary poll of the abortion policy views of the largest voting bloc today – Millennials & Gen Z – now 31% of the electorate. SFLA President Kristan Hawkins observed, “Far from being pro-abortion, straight ticket voters without nuance, Millennials & Gen Z share concerns about the extremes of abortion, desire to have a voice and a vote on life, and thoroughly reject the reckless and deadly policy currently pursued by the Biden Administration and their corporate abortion allies on Chemical Abortion Pills.” The online poll was conducted the first week of January 2022 by Vinea Research, with a 3.5% margin of error.
To read the complete Executive Summary that goes into greater detail by policy area, View Visuals, and the Pollsters’ analysis, along with Topline Questions and answers, click here to visit The Demetree Institute for Pro-Life advancement.
“The focus of this poll is to examine the viewpoint of the generation most targeted by abortionists. Millennials & Gen Z survived abortion and are now pressured to abort future generations. We wanted to know their views on the cutting-edge policy now being considered in light of the changes that will come after the Supreme Court examines Roe v. Wade in the pending Dobbs case,” said Hawkins. “Limits on abortion earlier in pregnancy are on the horizon as Students for Life Action prepares for 2022 legislative sessions, and we want to work the Pro-Life Generation and their peers to pass life-saving legislation.”
As Hawkins wrote in an op-ed up today in Newsweek: “After Roe v. Wade overhauled America’s abortion laws in 1973 by nullifying state control in favor of Supreme Court management, politicians had a get-out-of-accountability free card for decades … Times have changed …This pending power shift away from the judicial branch of government to the executive and legislative branches will result in key changes for abortion policy and activism.”
FIRST UP – CHEMICAL ABORTION: State and federal policy addressing No Test, Online Distribution of Chemical Abortion Pills will be front and center in the next legislative cycle, as it was last year, as pushing Death by Mail has been a Biden Administration priority at the urging of abortion radicals. Currently, a vote is pending in the U.S. Senate on Biden’s nomination of Dr. Robert Califf to the FDA, a known abortion advocate who presided over REDUCED health and safety standards for women taking Chemical Abortion Pills during the Obama Administration. Califf’s nomination is a scored vote for Students for Life Action, more on that here.
To understand how Chemical Abortion Pills can cause injury, infertility, and death, click here.
“For the first time ever, the Demetree Institute did a deep dive into Millennials & Gen Z views on each individual danger to women using Chemical Abortion Pills, finding absolute support for the health and safety standards that the FDA has negligently dropped under Biden’s regime,” said Hawkins.
- Pushing pills in ways known to harm women made no sense to a strong majority of Millennials and Gen Z. The move by Abortion Radial Joe Biden’s FDA to strip out in person care and health and safety standards for Chemical Abortion Pills doesn’t sit well with the generation targeted by Planned Parenthood & Co. More than 6 in 10 oppose No Test, Online distribution of Chemical Abortion Pills.
- Protecting fertility was important. The strongest objection to No Test Abortion Sales is to selling Chemical Abortion Pills without screening a mother for blood type, which is important because Rh-negative women (15% of the population) can become infertile without treatment after birth, miscarriage, or abortion after she comes in contact with her child’s blood. More than 6 in 10 Millennials and Gen Z (64%) support requirements for screening for blood type and treatment for Rh-negative women.
- Taking the time to save women’s lives mattered — 53% oppose selling Chemical Abortion Pills without an exam while 62% support a follow up exam to prevent infection/death.
- Screening for known causes of death has agreement — 59% support ultrasound screening before a chemical abortion to prevent death due to a later term pregnancy or an ectopic pregnancy.
- Preventing pressure from being applied to a young girl alone with an abortion sales team or a boyfriend/partner was a commonsense protection that has traction — 59% support adult engagement, such as a parent, guardian, or judge, before a minor is sold Chemical Abortion Pills.
- Stopping abusers also received a strong reaction — 65% support in-person purchase to prevent abusive partners or sex traffickers from getting the drug to use on women without their knowledge or consent.
- Standing strong against reckless No Test, Online Chemical Abortion Pill sales and distribution is a winning issue. Almost 7 in 10 Millennials and Gen Z are more likely to support a candidate who supports laws that require in-person medical care and testing before and after the sale of dangerous Chemical Abortion Pills.
Vinea Research was formed in 2013 largely to serve social advocacy and faith-based organizations. Vinea was formed by Hans Plate and is largely made up of seasoned market researchers who have strong experience in commercial research. Hans Plate has worked as a fulltime market researcher since 1992, working predominantly for what are now TNS Healthcare and IQVIA, both in the healthcare sector. During that time, he provided professional market research based insights to industry-leading companies such as Pfizer, Medtronic, and Genentech to name a few. Vinea Research provides a full range of services that include qualitative moderation and quantitative research, encompassing varying levels of research complexity and business issues explored. For more information, email [email protected].
Students for Life Action (SFLAction), a 501c4, along with its 501c3 sister organization, Students for Life of America (SFLA), make up the nation’s largest pro-life youth organization and a political and policy operation engaging people of all ages. Together they work to end abortion — the human rights issue of our day — and provide political, legal, and community support for women and their children, born and preborn. Headquartered in Fredericksburg, VA, SFLA has more than 1,250 groups on middle, high school, college, university, medical, and law school campuses in all 50 states. SFLA creates strategy, policy, and programming to connect those most targeted for abortion with people ready to help and builds a framework for political engagement on their behalf. SFLA and SFLAction have more conversations with those most targeted by the abortion industry than any other pro-life outreach in the world, reaching more than 2 million people across social media platforms each week and engaging in approximately 100,000 digital conversations per month. Over more than 15 years, President Kristan Hawkins has grown SFLAction/SFLA into an $18 million organization preparing for a Post-Roe America.
Share this post