Students for Life Action Calls on FDA Commissioner Nominee to Stop Politicizing Chemical Abortion Pills;
Files FOIA request to uncover more about the Biden Administration’s possible collusion with Corporate Abortion as they push for an end to health & safety standards that protect women exposed to Chemical Abortion Pills.
MEDIA ADVISORY: An All-Star Panel of Chemical Abortion Experts to Address radical change in FDA Policy Expected THURSDAY, Dec. 16
In a virtual news conference at 11:30 a.m. EST,
Students for Life Action President Kristan Hawkins, SBA List President Marjorie Dannenfelser, Americans United for Life President Catherine Glenn Foster, & Heartbeat International Medical Director Dr. C. Brent Boles will discuss the implications of dropping health and safety standards on the life-ending drugs. Rep. Bob Good (R-VA) will also be featured. The event will be seen at SFLAction’s Facebook. Reporters can inquire at [email protected]
WASHINGTON D.C. (12-14-2021) – As hearings get underway on the nomination of Dr. Robert Califf to be commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Students for Life Action President Kristan Hawkins called on members of the Senate to oppose the nomination and to question Califf about his role in reducing health and safety standards for Chemical Abortion Pill distribution while he headed the FDA during the Obama Administration. Hawkins observed: “President Biden has stacked the deck with radical chemical abortion supporters leading America’s healthcare systems, starting with HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra who led a coalition effort against the FDA health and safety standards while he was attorney general of California, and again, in choosing Dr. Califf to head the FDA on Becerra’s watch. It’s clear that reckless change is in the works. But the Pro-Life Generations has questions for the political partisans who are lining up, and we have also filed a Freedom of Information request with the FDA to learn just how political this process has become.
“Earlier this year, we’ve learned that the Biden Administration worked behind the scenes with the Department of Justice and the National School Boards Association before using the power of government to label parents as ‘terrorists’ and block their involvement in schools. Is the Biden Administration and their abortion allies also coordinating an attack on Chemical Abortion health and safety standards, to allow a whole new abortion market established with Uncle Sam’s, or rather Uncle Joe’s, seal of approval? Students for Life Action’s FOIA request ask for more information on the partnership between Planned Parenthood and Corporate Abortion and their political friends in the Biden Administration who could establish online, no test abortion sales with the stroke of pen. That’s great for Planned Parenthood’s bottom line, but bad for women.”
To read Hawkins’ letter to the Senate opposing the nomination Dr. Califf, click here.
In Newsweek, Hawkins and Sen. Steve Daines wrote about just how politicized the push for no test, online Chemical Abortion Pill distribution has become; click here to read more.
Abortion advocates talk openly about the changes expected on Dec. 16, when the FDA is expected to announce their review of the health and safety standards for Chemical Abortion Pills, known as REMS (Risk, Evaluation, and Mitigation Strategy).
As Hawkins wrote recently for National Review, an op-ed piece titled, “The Abortion Lobby Doubles Down on Risky Chemical Abortion Pills,” “getting rid of health and safety standards for chemical abortion is anti-woman and anti-science. The pills cause four times the complications as surgical abortion, with a risk of death that is ten times higher, according to a National Institute of Health Study.
“FDA reports numerous side effects. Between 5 and 7 percent of women who take Chemical Abortion Pills will need a follow-up surgery to end the pregnancy. And an Australian study noted that up to 8 percent of women who took the pills in that country ended up in an emergency room. Similar math is even reported by the abortion industry.”
Students for Life of America and Students for Life Action has prioritized stopping expanded distribution of deadly Chemical Abortion Pills that have cost more than 20 women their lives, along with countless preborn babies. The life ending drugs carry the risk of infection, surgery, infertility, depression, horrifying pain, and even death for both mother and child.
As SFLA has noted before, our efforts include in part:
- Fighting California’s efforts to require all publicly funded colleges and universities to distribute deadly Chemical Abortion Pills through school healthcare centers, through rallies, lobby days, community engagement, testifying, and aggressive social media and traditional media engagement.
- Supporting the SFLAction inspired Legislation Introduced by U.S. Representative Chip Roy (R-TX) and U.S. Senator Steve Daines (R-MT),The Protecting Life on College Campus Act of 2021 that would prohibit federal funds from being directed to institutions of higher education that offer abortion procedures and Chemical Abortion Pills to students and faculty.
- Working with a powerhouse, pro-life coalition on state-based legislation to prevent deadly, online distribution.
- Developing a legislative operation to assist the 14 states where Chemical Abortion Legislation moved this session, using tools such rallies, lobby days, community engagement, testifying, and aggressive social and traditional media engagement, as well as targeted political efforts to achieve a pro-life win.
- Curating the “This is Chemical Abortion” website for up-to-the-minute information and tools to confront the harms of Chemical Abortion, which includes a docuseries “This is Chemical Abortion,” part of an extensive grassroots education effort, partnering with Charlotte Pence-Bond and Heartbeat International.
- Highlighting the medical realities that abortion harms women’s health and fertility through multiple platforms and grassroots engagement.
Students for Life Action (SFLAction), a 501c4, along with its sister organization, Students for Life of America (SFLA),a 501c3, make up the nation’s largest, pro-life, youth organization as well as operating a political and policy operation engaging people of all ages. Together they work to end abortion, the human rights issue of our day, and provide political, legal, and community support for women and their children, born and preborn. Headquartered in Fredericksburg, VA, SFLA has more than 1,250groups on middle, high school, college, university, medical and law school campuses in all 50 states. SFLA creates strategy, policy and programming that connects those most targeted for abortion with people ready to help and builds a framework for political engagement on their behalf. SFLA/SFLAction has more conversations with those most targeted by the abortion industry every day, week, and year than any other pro-life outreach in the world. Every week, Students for Life entities reach more than 2 million people across social media platforms to have nearly 200,000 digital conversations. Under the leadership of SFLA/SFLAction President Kristan Hawkins, who was recruited to build the organization, SFLA has grown over the last 15 years into a $15 million organization preparing for a Post-Roe America.
Share this post