Kristan Hawkins is a Christian, wife, mother, grassroots activist, author, speaker, podcast host, and human rights advocate. President of Students for Life of America and Students for Life Action, she was recruited in 2006 to launch Students for Life of America’s full-time operation. Since then, she has built up a small organization made up of a few dozen student groups scattered around the country to a coordinated national team that serves 1,200+ Students for Life chapters in all fifty states and has trained over 100,000 young people.
She hosts a weekly podcast “Explicitly Pro-Life” found on iTunes or YouTube. Under her leadership, Students for Life exists to abolish abortion by transforming our culture by recruiting, training, and mobilizing this pro-life generation, who are the direct targets of today’s abortion industry. No entity has more mind-changing conversations about abortion, on-campus or online, everyday than Students for Life. A frequent speaker and media analyst, Kristan’s expertise includes abortion, feminism, disability advocacy and healthcare, as she navigates the social conditions and public policy that impacts the human rights issue of our day.
Kristan Hawkins graduated from Bethany College in 2005, summa cum laude, with a Bachelor’s in Political Science having already jumped into the pro-life community by founding pro-life groups in both her high school and college campuses. Before launching Students for Life, she served at the Republican National Committee and as a presidential appointee in the George W. Bush administration at the Department of Health and Human Services. In 2016 and 2020, she served on then-candidate Donald Trump’s Pro-Life Advisory Council.
She hosts a weekly podcast “Explicitly Pro-Life” found on iTunes and YouTube and published Courageous: Students Abolishing Abortion in this Lifetime. She has interviewed on Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, the Today Show, CBS, ABC, and HBO and has received the title, “One of the 4 worst anti-abortion misinformers,” by Media Matters, a title of which she is very proud. Kristan regularly speaks at pro-life conventions and events across the United States including leading college campuses such as Yale, Harvard, Dartmouth, and UC-Berkeley. Her proudest accomplishment is being a wife to her high school sweet heart (Jonathan), raising her four children (Gunner, Bear, Maverick and Gracie), and, in her free time, building awareness for cystic fibrosis, a disease shared by both her son, Gunner, and daughter, Gracie.
Since launching Students for Life, the Pro-Life Generation has been given a voice in Kristan, and with her help, they are using that voice to demand an end to the injustice of abortion as well as support for mothers and their children, born and pre-born.
Get in Touch with Kristan Hawkins
- Follow her @KristanHawkins, on Facebook, or her podcast “Explicitly Pro-Life” on iTunes or YouTube.
- Book Kristan Hawkins to speak at your next event – contact Lauren Enriquez.
- Listen to Kristan’s podcast Explicitly Pro-Life wherever you get your podcasts.
- Download Kristan’s headshot here.
- Watch Kristan speak at the 2015 National Pro-Life March in Washington DC and view her television interviews here.
Kristan Hawkins on TV
Kristan’s 2019 Opinion Editorials:
- What Does a Constitutional Right Require?, Breitbart, 1/2/2019
- When Mocking Millennials Misses the Mark, Washington Times, 1/13/2019
- Supreme Court Should Rule on Discriminatory Abortions Based on Genetics, Gender, USA Today, 1/17/2019
- The Media Lose Big in the Confrontation between Catholic Students and Professional Protesters, Newsbusters, 1/28/2019
- Why I Wear a MAGA Hat These Days (And I Didn’t Start Out as a Trump Fan), Fox News, 2/2/2019
- Abortion-Loving Men’s Favorite Abortion Trends, Townhall, 2/19/2019
- Heart Attack Abortions Represent the Dark Side of Scientific Advancement, Washington Examiner, 2/26/2019
- Trump Attacks Planned Parenthood, First Things, 3/1/2019
- If We Lose Free Speech on College and University Campuses, We Lose America, Fox News, 3/21/2019
- Left Trying to Revive Equal Rights Amendment to Get Abortion in the Constitution, The Federalist, 3/28/2019
- Democrats’ Extreme Position on Abortion, Hostility Toward People of Faith Made Me Leave Party, Fox News, 4/9/2019
- Colleges Should Run From ‘Dangerous,’ Costly Abortion Drugs On Campus, Fox News, 4/24/2019
- Pro-Choice Instigators Crossing the Line from Harassment to Dehumanization, Fox News, 5/8/2019
- Family Leave Bill Empowers Parents – With Their Own Money, RealClear Politics, 5/14/19
- Alabama is Showing the Way to Protect All Human Life From Abortion, USA Today, 5/15/2019
- Lives of the Unborn are Worth Fighting For – No Matter How They Were Conceived, Fox News, 5/17/2019
- Alabama’s Challenge, First Things, 5/17/2019
- Where’s The Outrage?, Townhall, 5/22/2019
- Georgia Boycott is a Hollywood Temper Tantrum That Will Hurt Women, Fox News, 6/8/2019
- Kristan Hawkins: Just say NO to drug experiments on babies, Fox News, 6/18/2019
- Kristan Hawkins: American Medical Association shows clear bias in abortion lawsuit, Fox News, 7/11/2019
- In Post-Roe World, Pro-Lifers Equip Families to Succeed, RealClear Politics, 7/12/2019
- Creating Disposable Babies — Yes We Can, but Should We?, National Review, 7/19/2019
- Is ending human life the answer to ‘climate change?, Washington Times, 9/30/2019
- I’m terrified at the thought of what government-run health care means for my children, Fox News, 10/6/19
- Democrats and Republicans running for office: Take the Tulsi challenge, The Hill, 10/28/19
- On Joe Biden and Walking the Christian Walk, National Catholic Register 11/6/19.
- A Student-Based Model of Political Engagement Shows Impressive Return on Investment, Townhall, 11/18/2019
- Antiquated Equal Rights Amendment should not get a do-over, Washington Times, 11/25/19
- Truth on Campus is Painful, But Compassionate, Townhall, 12/11/19
- A culture that can’t agree on the definition of a woman can’t sustain a feminist movement, Washington Times, 12/16/19
- A Room at the Inn and Other Needs of Pregnant and Parenting Students, National Review, 12/23/19
- A Disastrous Decade for Abortion, Breitbart, 12/23/19
SFLA Quoted in:
- In First, California Would Require Public Universities to Provide Abortion Pills, New York Times, 9/14/19
- Pro-life group promises legal aid to those hurt by California’s college ‘abortion pill’ law, Fox, 10/12/19
- Pro-life advocate says new California campus abortion pill law ‘violates conscience rights’ of workers, Fox, 10/14/19
Sampling of Kristan Hawkins 2019 Media Appearances:
Kristan Speaking at Alabama Rally, June 2019
Kristan Speaking at NAPA Institute, August 2019
Sampling of Kristan Hawkins Speaking Tour Videos:
“Lies Feminists Tell” at Boston College, 3/21/2019