As President of Students for Life of America (SFLA), Kristan Hawkins has spent more than 16 years building a national network of more than 1,400 student-lead groups in more than 50 states, layering campus activism now with political engagement through Students for Life Action, which she also heads. Since that time, Kristan and her team of nearly 100 staff members have trained more than 160,000 young pro-life activists, many whom are now influential in their own right in key organizations, public office, the bench, and in communities nationwide.
With the Students for Life team, Kristan has launched key initiatives to mobilize pro-life activists such as the Campaign for Abortion Free Cities to save lives by using grassroots and digital marketing to educate community members about pregnancy help and the violence of abortion in communities, StandingWithYou.org to connect young families in crisis with non-violent, local support, and the Demetree Institute for Pro-Life Advancement to share best practices and most effective messages while connecting national, state, and local anti-abortion leaders. Recently, she and her team are leading the pro-life movement’s response to the proliferation of dangerous Chemical Abortion Pills with innovative environmental law strategies and educational campaigns featured at ThisisChemicalAbortion.com. This school year, her team will have one million conversations with Gen Z, those most targeted by the abortion industry, converting 10-20% of those they reach.
Each year, Kristan travels across the nation to speak on college campuses such as UC-Berkeley, Harvard, Dartmouth, and Ohio State University to educate our youth on the horrors of abortion. Video clips from these tours have been viewed tens of millions of times, changed minds and motivated others to join this human rights movement, and have landed Kristan interviews with shows such as Tucker Carlson Tonight. She hosts a bi-weekly podcast called Explicitly Pro-Life where she interviews leaders such as Alveda King, Dennis Prager, and Charlie Kirk to discuss the cultural and political strategy of Post-Roe America. Kristan regularly appears in the New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, Newsweek, NPR and has been interviewed by every major television network in America. Her leadership of the Pro-Life Generation was prominently explored and featured in the 2022 pro-abortion documentary, Battleground.
A frequent speaker and media analyst, Kristan’s expertise includes abortion, feminism, disability advocacy, and healthcare as she navigates the social conditions and public policy that impacts the human rights issue of our day.
Kristan is married to her high-school sweetheart, Jonathan, and they have four children, Gunner, Bear, Maverick and Gracie. In her free time, she builds awareness for cystic fibrosis, a disease shared by both her son, Gunner, and daughter, Gracie, and plans her family’s next adventure as they travel full-time in an RV across America.
Kristan had the honor to announce the reversal of Roe v. Wade on the steps of the U.S. Supreme Court on June 24th, 2022, witnessing the end of the Supreme Court’s roadblock to state and federal engagement on abortion. Since launching Students for Life, the Pro-Life Generation has been given a voice in Kristan, and, with her help, they are using that voice to demand an end to abortion and a nation that truly “loves them both.”
Get in Touch with Kristan Hawkins
- Follow her @KristanHawkins, on Facebook, or her podcast “Explicitly Pro-Life” on iTunes or YouTube.
- Book Kristan Hawkins to speak at your next event – contact Margo Nicholas.
- Listen to Kristan’s podcast Explicitly Pro-Life wherever you get your podcasts.
- Download Kristan’s headshot here.
- Watch Kristan speak at the 2015 National Pro-Life March in Washington DC and view her television interviews here.
Kristan Hawkins on TV
Kristan’s 2019 Opinion Editorials:
- What Does a Constitutional Right Require?, Breitbart, 1/2/2019
- When Mocking Millennials Misses the Mark, Washington Times, 1/13/2019
- Supreme Court Should Rule on Discriminatory Abortions Based on Genetics, Gender, USA Today, 1/17/2019
- The Media Lose Big in the Confrontation between Catholic Students and Professional Protesters, Newsbusters, 1/28/2019
- Why I Wear a MAGA Hat These Days (And I Didn’t Start Out as a Trump Fan), Fox News, 2/2/2019
- Abortion-Loving Men’s Favorite Abortion Trends, Townhall, 2/19/2019
- Heart Attack Abortions Represent the Dark Side of Scientific Advancement, Washington Examiner, 2/26/2019
- Trump Attacks Planned Parenthood, First Things, 3/1/2019
- If We Lose Free Speech on College and University Campuses, We Lose America, Fox News, 3/21/2019
- Left Trying to Revive Equal Rights Amendment to Get Abortion in the Constitution, The Federalist, 3/28/2019
- Democrats’ Extreme Position on Abortion, Hostility Toward People of Faith Made Me Leave Party, Fox News, 4/9/2019
- Colleges Should Run From ‘Dangerous,’ Costly Abortion Drugs On Campus, Fox News, 4/24/2019
- Pro-Choice Instigators Crossing the Line from Harassment to Dehumanization, Fox News, 5/8/2019
- Family Leave Bill Empowers Parents – With Their Own Money, RealClear Politics, 5/14/19
- Alabama is Showing the Way to Protect All Human Life From Abortion, USA Today, 5/15/2019
- Lives of the Unborn are Worth Fighting For – No Matter How They Were Conceived, Fox News, 5/17/2019
- Alabama’s Challenge, First Things, 5/17/2019
- Where’s The Outrage?, Townhall, 5/22/2019
- Georgia Boycott is a Hollywood Temper Tantrum That Will Hurt Women, Fox News, 6/8/2019
- Kristan Hawkins: Just say NO to drug experiments on babies, Fox News, 6/18/2019
- Kristan Hawkins: American Medical Association shows clear bias in abortion lawsuit, Fox News, 7/11/2019
- In Post-Roe World, Pro-Lifers Equip Families to Succeed, RealClear Politics, 7/12/2019
- Creating Disposable Babies — Yes We Can, but Should We?, National Review, 7/19/2019
- Is ending human life the answer to ‘climate change?, Washington Times, 9/30/2019
- I’m terrified at the thought of what government-run health care means for my children, Fox News, 10/6/19
- Democrats and Republicans running for office: Take the Tulsi challenge, The Hill, 10/28/19
- On Joe Biden and Walking the Christian Walk, National Catholic Register 11/6/19.
- A Student-Based Model of Political Engagement Shows Impressive Return on Investment, Townhall, 11/18/2019
- Antiquated Equal Rights Amendment should not get a do-over, Washington Times, 11/25/19
- Truth on Campus is Painful, But Compassionate, Townhall, 12/11/19
- A culture that can’t agree on the definition of a woman can’t sustain a feminist movement, Washington Times, 12/16/19
- A Room at the Inn and Other Needs of Pregnant and Parenting Students, National Review, 12/23/19
- A Disastrous Decade for Abortion, Breitbart, 12/23/19
SFLA Quoted in:
- In First, California Would Require Public Universities to Provide Abortion Pills, New York Times, 9/14/19
- Pro-life group promises legal aid to those hurt by California’s college ‘abortion pill’ law, Fox, 10/12/19
- Pro-life advocate says new California campus abortion pill law ‘violates conscience rights’ of workers, Fox, 10/14/19
Sampling of Kristan Hawkins 2019 Media Appearances:
Kristan Speaking at Alabama Rally, June 2019
Kristan Speaking at NAPA Institute, August 2019
Sampling of Kristan Hawkins Speaking Tour Videos:
“Lies Feminists Tell” at Boston College, 3/21/2019