Christian Schools Betray Biblical Values
Working to Kick Planned Parenthood Off Christian Campuses
Since 2019, Students for Life of America (SFLA)’s Demetree Institute for Pro-Life Advancement has conducted research and rated 784 Christian schools across the country to identify any ties these Christian institutions have to the nation’s largest abortion vendor, Planned Parenthood.
Christian schools should be working to promote life, support their pregnant students with non-violent resources, and combat the culture of death.
As part of this effort, our team located more than 100 Christian colleges and universities with confirmed ties to Planned Parenthood, resulting in a letter grade that reflects how well the school upholds biblical values.
- More than 100 Christian colleges and universities were found to be in relationships with Planned Parenthood.
- At Christian schools, Planned Parenthood appears most frequently as a “student resource” or “internship opportunity.”
- Lutheran, Presbyterian, and Methodist schools make up an outsized share of infracted schools.
- Victories: Over the course of SFLA’s Christian Schools Project, one in three infracted schools cut ties with Planned Parenthood.
Explore the map below.
Click a flag to take action!
Is a Staff Member at
Your Christian School
* This report will be updated annually to reflect changes some Christian colleges and universities make to their websites after the December 8th, 2021, publication date.
To gauge a school’s relationship with Planned Parenthood from the perspective of a student, SFLA staff investigated the schools by reviewing each school’s website and contacting the school’s health center when warranted. Further insight into the school’s engagement with Planned Parenthood and nonviolent abortion alternatives (such as local pregnancy help organizations) was gleaned by interacting with the school’s Students for Life group and/or contacting school administrators directly.
As noted, our team located 69 Christian colleges and universities with confirmed ties to Planned Parenthood, resulting in a letter grade that reflects how well the school upholds biblical values. Some schools, upon being made aware of Planned Parenthood’s presence, removed them promptly. Our hope is that the schools that remain on our list will learn from this example and cut ties with the nation’s biggest seller of abortions… which clearly has no place within a Christian institution.
The types of Planned Parenthood relationships with Christian colleges and universities fell into the following categories, or infractions:
- Planned Parenthood is listed as an active internship opportunity for which students may receive credit
- Planned Parenthood is listed as a student resource
- Planned Parenthood events are advertised on campus or on the website
- Planned Parenthood is listed as volunteer opportunity
- Planned Parenthood has partnered with the university on at least 1 event in the past year
- Planned Parenthood is listed as a future career opportunity