Are you a leader or officer in your campus pro-life group?
Do you aspire to work in the pro-life movement full-time?
Do you want to be mentored by a national pro-life leader?
Applications for the 2020 Wilberforce Fellowship are now closed.
WHAT PAST WILLIAM WILBERFORCE FELLOWS ARE SAYING…
“The Wilberforce Fellowship is a great opportunity to experience what is going on in our Movement. It provides an excellent “behind-the-scenes” look at the effort that many good-willed people are putting forth in an attempt to achieve justice for preborn children. You will have the opportunity to influence and be influenced by people of all ages, while focusing on the improvement of your leadership skills. I am thankful for my Wilberforce experience, and suggest that justice-seeking students seriously consider applying for it. ” – Shea Hasenauer, New York
“Being a Wilberforce Fellow gave me the confidence to dedicate my life to the pro-life movement after graduating from Boise State University. Through the mentorship I learned vital aspects of leadership such as dedication, commitment, perseverance, and communication. Having a mentor in the pro-life movement helped me to grow as a leader within my Students for Life group on my campus while preparing me for leadership in the pro-life movement.” – Lisa Atkins, Idaho
“Being part of the Wilberforce Leadership Fellowship this year has given me an outlet to explore leadership on a new level I could not have reached on my own. It has equipped me with the tools to become a better leader not only in pro-life work, but also in other areas of my life. If you want to take your calling as a leader seriously and up your game in the fight for life, I highly recommend applying to this program.” – Laura Peredo, Kansas
The mission of the Students for Life of America William Wilberforce Leadership Fellowship is to raise up the next generation of pro-life leaders. We want to train student pro-life activists to be leaders on campus (and beyond), and to network those student leaders with their counterparts in the national pro-life movement to help further develop their skills. Simply put, the SFLA Wilberforce Leadership Fellowship is the training you need for a career in the pro-life movement!
WHAT TO EXPECT
During the 2020-2021 school year, Wilberforce Fellows will…
- Learn what it takes to be a leader by reviewing various books and publications, participating in bi-weekly webcasts for discussion, and hearing from guest speaker lectures during these webcasts.
- Apply the skills they learn to their campus pro-life groups by completing a Wilberforce Project during the year, which is designed by the student to address their unique campus and community needs.
- Assist Students for Life of America in its mission of equipping the Pro-Life Generation.
- Work with their National Wilberforce Mentor (a leader in a national pro-life organization) who will give advice and help them complete their Fellowship Projects.
- The fellowship will consume a few hours per week.
- No financial stipends or pay is available.
- Your travel and food during Fellowship Weekend will be covered.
- Any additional meals in the airport or beyond the meal stipends are the Fellow’s responsibility. *The meal stipend is usually more than enough.
All SFLA Stevens Leadership Fellows will be flown to Fredericksburg, VA for a kick-off weekend of training from Friday, July 31st– Tuesday, August 4th in Washington D.C. Flights, housing, and meals will be covered by Students for Life of America.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY
- Any incoming undergraduate, graduate, law, and med students may apply. (sophomore-senior preferably.)
- Must be a current leader in a campus pro-life organization.
- Must be interested in pursuing a full-time career in the pro-life movement.
- Must be able to attend the Wilberforce kick-off weekend, Friday, July 31st– Tuesday, August 4th.
All applications are now closed. Selections will be made by May 15th.
HOW TO APPLY
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information about the William Wilberforce Leadership Fellowship, please contact Mary Briganti: [email protected]