The mission of the Hildegard Art Fellowship is to bring the performing and visual arts together with the Pro-Life Movement – the ultimate collaboration. Art in its multitude of forms has a unique way to speak to and impact our culture. At Students for Life, we seek to abolish abortion on many platforms including politics, education, and service. The Hildegard Fellowship is about engaging young artists to use their artistry to change hearts and minds on abortion by becoming active artists. The Hildegard Fellows don’t just encounter culture; they captivate culture.
WHAT TO EXPECT
During the 2020-2021 school year, Hildegard Fellows will…
- Learn what it takes to be a leader by reviewing various books and publications, participating in bi-weekly webcasts for discussion, and hearing from guest speaker lectures during these webcasts.
- Apply the skills they learn to their campus pro-life groups by completing projects during the year, which are designed by the student to address their unique campus and community needs.
- Assist Students for Life of America in its mission of equipping & empowering the Pro-Life Generation.
- The Fellowship will consume a few hours per week.
- No financial stipends or pay is available.
- Your travel and food during Fellowship Weekend will be covered.
- Any additional meals in the airport or beyond the meal stipends are the Fellow’s responsibility. *The meal stipend is usually more than enough.
All SFLA Hildegard Fellows will be flown to Fredericksburg, VA for a kick-off weekend of training from Friday, July 31st– Tuesday, August 4th. Flights, housing, and meals will be covered by Students for Life of America.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY
- Any incoming undergraduate, graduate, law, and med students may apply.
- Artists of all kinds: visual, word, and performing.
- Must be a current leader or member of a campus pro-life organization.
- Must be interested in pursuing a full-time career in the pro-life movement.
- Must be able to attend the kick-off weekend, Friday, July 31st– Tuesday, August 4th.
All applications due by midnight on May 1st. Interviews will be scheduled shortly thereafter. Selections will be made by May 15th.
HOW TO APPLY
Fill out the application below by midnight on May 1st, 2020.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information about the Hildegard Art Fellowship, please contact Kate Maloney: [email protected]