Students for Life of America is hosting our annual Fellowship Weekend in Fredericksburg, VA! This event is specifically for leaders of pro-life student groups at Christian colleges and across other fellowship programs. We will meet to devise strategies, share experiences, and network with leaders from across the country to help you improve outreach on your college campus.
Leading a pro-life group at a Christian college comes with its own unique challenges. From un-receptive administrators to pro-choice campus cultures, leaders of pro-life groups at religious schools are regularly obstructed in their pro-life work. We’ve seen this trend across the country and understand that Christian campuses are not always as welcoming as they should be.
Most schools would rather ignore the controversy than prepare their students to confront it. They would rather pretend that everyone on their campus is pro-life and that students are not getting pregnant. However, we know that students at Christian schools are not only getting pregnant, but are having abortions, partly because their schools do not support them in choosing life for their children.
Now is the time to take a stand on your campus! Christian schools have a mission to protect the innocent and vulnerable, and to prepare their students to confront and defeat the evils of this world. Christian schools should be the pro-life movement’s strongest base of support. As a Christian Leadership Fellow, you can make that happen at your school.
“CLS has taught me how to be a leader in the pro-life movement on campus and in my community. The skills I have learned have enabled our club to triple our membership, shift campus culture, and save lives in the process. The connections Made with other students have been helpful as we have worked together outside our official meeting to better our clubs.” -Kyle
“CLS has given me the tools to lead a pro-life club on my Christian campus. I gained valuable leadership skills and connected with other college students across the country! Having this community rooted in Christ has really shaped my foundation on how to be an effective leader for the pro-life movement, on and off campus. Thank you CLS for this fantastic experience!” -Mary Carmen
WHAT TO EXPECT
During the 2020-2021 school year, Christian Leadership Fellows will…
- Learn what it takes to be a leader by reviewing various books and publications and participating in monthly webcasts for discussion and guest speaker lectures.
- Apply the skills they learn to their campus pro-life groups.
- The fellowship will consume a few hours per week.
- No financial stipends or pay is available.
- Your travel food during the weekend will be covered.
- Any additional meals in the airport or beyond the meal stipends are the Fellow’s responsibility. *The meal stipend is usually more than enough.
All SFLA Christian Leadership Fellows will be flown to Fredericksburg, VA for the kick-off weekend training Friday, July 31st– Tuesday, August 4th at Students for Life Headquarters. Flights, housing, and meals will be covered by Students for Life of America.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
- Any incoming undergraduate, graduate, law, or med students at faith-based schools may apply.
- Must be a current leader in a pro-life organization
- Must be interested in pursuing a full-time career in the pro-life movement
- Must be able to attend the Christian Leadership Fellowship kick-off weekend.
If your application is accepted, your travel, food, and lodging costs will be covered! Applications are due by May 1st! Interviews will begin shortly thereafter.
HOW TO APPLY
Fill out the application below by midnight on May 1st, 2020.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information about the Christian Leadership Fellowship, please contact Liana Hollendonner, at [email protected].