Planned Parenthood celebrates their 100th birthday this month. They are celebrating with champagne toasts, fancy parties, rallies, and lots of other pinked out blowouts. But they don’t deserve any of that. They deserve to be defunded, investigated and prosecuted for the abuses they have committed over the course of their existence.
Instead of celebrating 100 years of strong, we at Students for Life of America have listed below 100 abuses that the abortion giant has perpetrated. Special thanks to Alliance Defending Freedom, Americans United for Life, the Family Research Council, LifeNews, LifeSiteNews, Live Action, and many others who have chronicled the abuses of Planned Parenthood.
Abuses: Planned Parenthood Sells Baby Parts
1. Planned Parenthood has been caught in the sale and trafficking of baby body parts, videos which have been determined to be 100% authentic by an independent forensic analysis report.
2. Planned Parenthood illegally profited from selling the body parts of babies they aborted.
3. Planned Parenthood broke the federal Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act, which bans the procedure for the purpose of collecting body parts.
4. Federal law states that the abortion procedure can’t be changed to collect “tissue.” Planned Parenthood broke that law too.
5. An abortionist can’t do an abortion knowing that the patient has consented to fetal tissue donation. Planned Parenthood broke that law as well.
Abuses: Support of Sex-Selective Abortion
6. Planned Parenthood accepts donations for sex-selective abortions, thus committing gendercide of our girls.
7. Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California submitted a letter opposing any kind of sex-selective abortion bans.
8. Planned Parenthood celebrated the failure of a bill banning sex-selective abortions in Louisiana.
9. In 2016, Planned Parenthood opposed PRENDA, the Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act.
10. After being caught allowing a sex-selective abortion, Planned Parenthood fired the staffer and then announced they would do an abortion for any reason, even sex-selective, unless outlawed by state law.
11. The director of Planned Parenthood Waterloo Region in Canada said she supported sex-selective abortions even though she may have a harder time “eliminating women.”
12. Planned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota panned the new law in South Dakota that banned sex-selective abortion.
13. Planned Parenthood in Indiana successfully blocked a sex-selective abortion ban from taking effect in the state.
Abuses: Targeting Minorities
14. Planned Parenthood targets minorities: 79% of its surgical abortion facilities are located within walking distance of African American or Hispanic/Latino neighborhoods.
15. Planned Parenthood accepts donations for race-selective abortions.
16. Margaret Sanger, Planned Parenthood’s founder, wanted to “exterminate” the black population and recruit black pastors to help.
17. Planned Parenthood also targets college students: 79% of Planned Parenthood’s are located within five miles of a college campus.
18. The founding of Planned Parenthood is directly tied to the eugenics movement. The movement’s ultimate goal was the elimination of certain groups of “unfit” or “feeble-minded” people.
19. In the 1950’s, Planned Parenthood did unethical experimentation of the early version of the birth control pill on vulnerable women in Puerto Rico without informed consent leading to the deaths of at least three women without recognition or explanation.
Abuses: Medicaid Fraud and Taxpayer Overbilling
20. Planned Parenthood rakes in over $500 million in taxpayer funding a year.
21. Susan Thayer, former Planned Parenthood director, testified in an October 2015 Congressional hearing that she filed a federal False Claims Act complaint against Planned Parenthood alleging that it “filed false claims totaling about $28 million with Iowa’s Medicaid program for (1) illegally dispensing “medically unnecessary” quantities of oral contraceptive pills and birth control patches to C-Mail Medicaid patients and doing so without a prescription; (2) fraudulently billing the Iowa Medicaid program for abortion-related services; and (3) coercing “donations” from Medicaid patients.”
22. In 2009, Alliance Defending Freedom released a report that details federal and state audits of Planned Parenthood affiliates from 1995-2009, specifically highlighting Texas, California, Washington, and New York. These audits convey that these individual affiliates were responsible for over $95 million in waste, abuse and potential fraud. Examples include giving prescriptions without authorization from a medical practitioner and misusing government funds to over-bill patients for family planning.
23. Planned Parenthood of California was also accused of overcharging the state and federal governments by $180 million for birth-control pills, despite internal and external warnings that its billing practices were improper.
24. Planned Parenthood defrauded taxpayers in Texas and was ordered to pay over a million dollars in restitution.
25. Planned Parenthood cut ties with five clinics in Florida after one South Florida affiliate was facing allegations of “terrible mismanagement and possibly fraud” related to nearly $450,000.
26. Director of Finance Rene Davis was promoted to Chief Operating Officer after it was revealed at the Planned Parenthood of Southwest Michigan in 2010 that bank statements accumulated for up to six months before being reconciled and personal expenses, like household bills, were paid from that account. She also stole $5,000.
27. Planned Parenthood of the Inland Northwest was found to have overbilled Medicaid more than $629,000 through 2004-2007.
28. Five Planned Parenthood facilities in Wisconsin overbilled taxpayers by over $52,000 in 2014.
29. A 2004 California audit of Planned Parenthood of San Diego and Riverside counties showed they received excess payment of various kinds of contraception over $5.2 million
Abuses: Health and Safety Standards
30. An Ohio Planned Parenthood illegally dumped the bodies of babies they aborted into landfills.
31. Three PP’s in Florida were caught illegally performing late-term abortions.
32. A Pennsylvania PP stored aborted babies in a janitor’s closet.
33. A South Carolina PP also illegally dumped aborted babes in landfills.
34. A Kentucky Planned Parenthood broke the law when they started doing unlicensed abortions at their new facility.
35. The Columbia, SC Planned Parenthood was cited for 21 health and safety violations and ordered to pay $7,500.
36. Planned Parenthood broke HIPAA privacy laws in California when they gave patient information to a vendor.
37. As of September 2015, no Illinois Planned Parenthood was licensed by the state.
38. Planned Parenthood in Delaware was shut down after numerous health violations, including not cleaning their instruments.
39. Georgia Planned Parenthood had 23 health violations.
40. Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains was sued after they forced a woman to continue her abortion and then botched it and refused to offer post-abortion care.
41. Planned Parenthood in Louisiana encountered violations before the facility even opened when an unlicensed contractor working for the abortion giant was fined.
Abuses: Death of Women
42. Cree Erwin, 24, died after a botched abortion at a Planned Parenthood in Michigan.
43. Tonya Reaves, 24, died following a second-trimester abortion at Planned Parenthood in Chicago.
44. Diane Lopez, 25, bled to death after a botched abortion at Planned Parenthood in Los Angeles.
45. Holly Patterson, 18, died from an infection after an incomplete abortion at Planned Parenthood in Haywood, CA.
46. At a Lincoln, NE Planned Parenthood, a 40-year-old woman nearly died after the abortionist punctured her uterus.
47. Planned Parenthood denies the existence of Post-Abortion Syndrome.
48. Linda McGown, 27, was left in a coma following a surgery at Planned Parenthood in Overland Park, Kansas.
49. Planned Parenthood knew about the atrocities that Kermit Gosnell was committing at his late-term abortion facility and chose to do nothing.
50. Kermit Gosnell’s abortion facility hadn’t been inspected from 1993-2010, when the FBI raided it. Gov. Tom Ridge (D-PA) wiped out routine inspections when he was elected in 1995 with the help of Planned Parenthood.
51. Planned Parenthood was one degree away from the infamous “Mother’s Day Massacre” at Gosnell’s facility in 1972 when the International PP Federation was one of two groups who brought in Dr. Harvey Karman, whose “super coil” late-term abortion device was ultimately tested on 15 poor women who were in their second trimesters, nine of whom suffered serious complications.
52. An abortionist who had worked for Planned Parenthood in California for 27 years finally lost his license after a series of drunk driving incidents, after a woman in his care died following an abortion, and after a failed abortion resulted in his patient giving birth to a stillborn baby at a hospital.
53. Woman awarded $2.78 million in malpractice suit for removal of contraception implants after PP doctor, too inexperienced to perform the procedure, caused her harm.
54. A medical malpractice case won against Planned Parenthood Golden Gate (“PPGG”) which performed an early first trimester abortion, failing to diagnose a twin pregnancy and aborting only one fetus and part of another. PPGG continued to see the patient and failed to perform pregnancy tests to diagnose her as still pregnant despite the fact that she had symptoms. A late second trimester abortion required the termination of her pregnancy in the fifth month.
55. Mandy Gittler, the abortionist who killed Tonya Reaves, was hired at a Planned Parenthood in Kalamazoo, Michigan. This happened after Ms. Reaves’ death.
Abuses: Covering up child abuse
56. Planned Parenthood aids and abets the sex-trafficking of minor girls by supplying confidential birth control, STD testing, and secret abortions to trafficked underage girls and their traffickers.
57. Planned Parenthood was caught in undercover video not reporting statutory rape at a number of its affiliates.
58. Planned Parenthood in Cincinnati, OH was sued after covering up sexual abuse of a minor by her father.
59. Planned Parenthood in Ohio failed to report the sexual abuse of a 13-year-old by her soccer coach and also broke the law by not obtaining parental consent before the abortion.
60. A judge in St. Paul, MN ruled that Planned Parenthood violated the law when they committed an abortion on a 17-year-old without parental consent.
61. Planned Parenthood in Connecticut failed to report the sexual abuse of 15-year-old Danielle Cramer, who was missing for nearly a year. They did an abortion on her.
62. Planned Parenthood Rocky Mountains was sued after giving a 13-year-old an abortion without parental consent, failing to report child sex abuse, and then returning her to her abuser – her step-father.
63. Andrew King, a swim coach in California, was allowed to sexually abuse dozens of young girls after Planned Parenthood failed to report child sex abuse when he took a 14-year-old he impregnated there for an abortion.
64. Planned Parenthood employees in Denver failed to report sexual abuse of a minor.
65. Planned Parenthood in Alabama failed to report the rape of a 14-year-old, who underwent two abortions over four months.
66. Planned Parenthood in Montana fought to overturn two parental consent laws.
67. Planned Parenthood failed to report the sexual abuse of a 12-year-old when they scheduled her for an abortion, allowing continued abuse.
68. Planned Parenthood in Washington State didn’t report the sexual abuse of an 11-year-old when she came in for an abortion. Her rapist now sits in jail.
Abuses: Deceptive Advertising
69. Cecile Richards, the president of Planned Parenthood, perpetuated the lie that PP does mammograms over and over again.
70. Planned Parenthood in Appleton, WI was caught giving deceptive fetal development information to a patient seeking an abortion.
71. Planned Parenthood in Milwaukee, WI gave a patient misleading information on fetal development and pressured her to have an abortion.
72. In Indianapolis, IN, a Planned Parenthood employee gives a patient misleading information on fetal development.
Abuses: Pushing Abortion
73. Planned Parenthood has abortion quotas.
74. Planned Parenthood is the primary provider of abortions in the U.S. and kills about 324,000 children annually, taking responsibility for nearly one third of the abortions in the U.S. annually.
75. Under Mrs. Richards’ leadership, cancer screenings and prevention services have been cut in half at Planned Parenthood.
76. Abortion is down over 12% since 2010 yet only down by 1.6% for Planned Parenthood since 2010.
77. Prenatal services at PP have been cut in half since 2009.
78. From 2009-2013, Planned Parenthood’s adoption to abortion ratio is 209 -to-1.
79. Under Mrs. Richards’ leadership, abortions have skyrocketed from 289,750 abortions in 2006 to over 324,000 in 2015.
80. Planned Parenthood is focused on abortion above all else. In 2006, they committed one of every five abortions. In 2015, it’s up to one in every three abortions.
81. Cecile Richards confirmed that 86% of PP’s revenue is from abortion.
82. Planned Parenthood claims abortion is only 3% of their services yet other estimations show abortion makes up over 90% of what they do.
83. Cecile Richards applauds late-term abortion access in New York, which is very risky to the mother.
84. International Planned Parenthood Federation claimed they performed over 3.1 million “abortion-related” services in 2014-15.
Abuses: Journalism Malpractice
85. Planned Parenthood gave out 13 awards to journalists for their positive coverage of the abortion giant in 2016.
86. In 2015, Planned Parenthood awarded 16 journalists the “Maggie Awards for Media Excellence.”
87. Planned Parenthood in Austin, Texas allotted the keynote speaker slot to a writer and columnist from a news website.
Abuses: Political Process
88. Planned Parenthood is engaged in a cycle of corruption, buying politicians to do their will, give them more tax dollars, vote against any kind of medical and safety standards, and oppose restrictions on abortion.
89. In 2008 Cecile Richards declared, “We aim to be the largest kick-butt political organization.”
90. Planned Parenthood claims that their materials are not tainted by a political agenda, yet they’ve given millions of dollars to political candidates (99% of them Democrats).
91. They announced a $30 million investment in a door-knocking campaign during the 2016 election to elect Hillary Clinton.
92. They bought $2 million worth of ads against pro-life Senators in 2016.
93. From 2008-2016, Planned Parenthood gave $2.8 million in cash and $10.8 million in-kind donations to politicians.
94. Planned Parenthood illegally donated to political candidates in Washington State.
95. Planned Parenthood launched a voter registration drive at their facilities in 2016.
96. Cecile Richards was the former deputy chief of staff to Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and described her journey from campaigns to leading PP as coming “full circle.”
97. Cecile Richards had zero background in healthcare when she took over Planned Parenthood in 2006. Her background was all political.
98. In 2008, Planned Parenthood pledged $10 million to elect pro-abortion candidates.
99. A formal ethics complaint was filed against New Hampshire Governor Maggie Hasson and an executive council member for not recusing themselves of matters related to Planned Parenthood funding in the state.
100. Governor Tom Wolf (D-PA) received talking points from a Planned Parenthood lobbyist in the wake of the Center for Medical Progress videos, as PP tried to keep the story from exploding.