(watch this video en Espanol: http://youtu.be/rWlQOeI9vKY)
Our goal is simple: We want to educate this generation about Planned Parenthood’s real motives and turn them against the abortion Goliath and towards pro-life, pregnancy resource centers where they can go for honest, real help.
Why does our Planned Parenthood Project matter? Here are the facts:
- We know this generation is opposed to abortion. Every poll confirms this fact.
- Planned Parenthood is the nation’s largest abortion vendor but they NEVER advertise this fact because this generation rejects abortion. Instead, they tell young people about their contraception sales and STD screenings to keep their positive image going.
- Yet, Planned Parenthood preys off young girls in crisis, locating right near our high schools and college campuses, telling them abortion is their only real option in their moment of desperation. According to our own research, 79% of Planned Parenthoods are located within 5 miles of a college campus.
- While non-Planned Parenthood abortion facilities across the nation continue to close, Planned Parenthood props up their un-profitable abortion facilities, allowing them to operate while in the red, using our taxpayer money to keep them going.
- Planned Parenthood is the Goliath of the abortion industry. Many experts believe that once Planned Parenthood dissolves, the unaffiliated abortion facilities across the nation will fold up shop at historic rates as Planned Parenthood won’t be there to protect them anymore.
So, how do we speed up the end of Planned Parenthood? How do we get women facing crisis situations to those who can offer real love and support? We tell young people the truth about Planned Parenthood.
Planned Parenthood’s PLAN for YOU
PLAN A: Provide poor quality, faulty birth control. In its February 2005 issue of Consumer Reports, the non-profit Consumers Union ranked two of Planned Parenthood’s condom lines the lowest out of all the brands that they tested.
PLAN B: Encourage daily hormonal treatment. Planned Parenthood encourages young women to begin a daily regimen of hormonal birth control, and they placate fears about side effects by saying that modern hormonal contraceptives are safer than earlier iterations because they contain smaller amounts of hormones, even though there are still dangerous side effects like death. Should something go wrong though, they’ll then offer you those same hormones in massive doses (the “morning after pill” which can cause early abortions), claim it’s perfectly safe, and hope you won’t notice they’re contradicting themselves.
PLAN C: Offer deceptive counseling and biased information. If things didn’t go so well with the condoms and birth control, and pregnancy does occur, then Planned Parenthood offers “options counseling” to help decide a course of action. However, dozens of former employees have blown the whistle on the unscrupulous nature of Planned Parenthood’s “options counseling,” acknowledging that it was commonly used to steer women towards abortion (which they profit from) instead of adoption or parenting (which they don’t get paid for). In 2015, Planned Parenthood performed 114 abortions for every 1 adoption referral and has now mandated that every affiliate performs abortions.
PLAN $$$: Money, money, money. According to Guttmacher Institute (Planned Parenthood’s research arm), the median cost of an abortion is $451. This means Planned Parenthood made over $148 million in revenue from the 328,348 abortions they performed in 2015-2016. For years, Planned Parenthood officials, staff, and surrogates have repeatedly promoted false information about the services they offer (falsely claiming they provide mammograms, etc) and the uniqueness of their work to convince politicians to give them $554.6 million in taxpayer funding just in the 2015-2016 fiscal year alone. However, everything Planned Parenthood sells and provides (except abortion) can be found within the nationwide network of 8,000 taxpayer-funded Community Health Centers at universally lower prices.
America’s Largest Abortion Vendor By the Numbers:
In Planned Parenthood’s 2015-2016 fiscal year:
- Planned Parenthood facilities performed 328,348 abortions.
- This means they committed 897 abortions every single day.
- And 96% of Planned Parenthood’s services offered to pregnant women were abortion.
- Planned Parenthood received $554.6 million in U.S. taxpayer funding, making up 41% of their annual revenue.
- Planned Parenthood’s contraceptive services have dropped by 24%, and their cancer screening and prevention services have dropped by 58%.
- Planned Parenthood has performed over 2.5 million abortions.
- And their U.S. taxpayer funding has increased by 14%.
Please note all stats were obtained from Planned Parenthood’s 2015-2016 Annual Report, their last report publicly released. The report can be found here.
GET REAL HELP
There are over 3,000 not-for-profit pregnancy help centers across America that provide free pregnancy tests, confidential counseling, free ultrasounds, parenting classes, and material support for young mothers and couples. Go here to locate one of these centers: www.optionline.org or call them at 1-800-712-HELP
There are over 8,000 federally funded Community Health Centers across America that provide all the same services as Planned Parenthood, but don’t sell abortions. Services such as STD testing/treatment, pregnancy tests, and routine gynecological exams. Go here to locate one: www.nachc.com/findahealthcenter.cfm
As an active pro-life student group, you can also receive free Planned Parenthood cards to distribute on campus. Contact SFLA, and we will work with you to get the number of cards that you need to host a successful event.
Also, contact your SFLA Regional Coordinator to discuss talking points and effective strategies for exposing Planned Parenthood on your campus and in your community.