This fall, Students for Life of America is heading out on a 18,041 mile, 41 university, 20 state, 8 week tour to expose the nation’s abortion Goliath, Planned Parenthood, with whom they target the most – young people.
Our goal is simple: We want to educate this generation about Planned Parenthood’s real motives and turn them against the abortion Goliath and towards pro-life, pregnancy resource centers where they can go for honest, real help.
Why does our Planned Parenthood Project matter? Here are the facts:
- We know this generation is opposed to abortion. Every poll confirms this fact.
- Planned Parenthood is the nation’s largest abortion vendor but they NEVER advertise this fact because this generation rejects abortion. Instead they tell young people about their contraception sales and STD screenings to keep their positive image going.
- Yet, Planned Parenthood preys off young girls in crisis, locating right near our high schools and college campuses, telling them abortion is their only real option in their moment of desperation. According to our own research, 79% of Planned Parenthoods are located within 5 miles of a college campus.
- While non-Planned Parenthood abortion facilities across the nation continue to close, Planned Parenthood props up their un-profitable abortion facilities, allowing them to operate while in the red, using our taxpayer money to keep them going.
- Planned Parenthood is the Goliath of the abortion industry. Many experts believe that once Planned Parenthood dissolves, the unaffiliated abortion facilities across the nation will fold up shop at historic rates as Planned Parenthood won’t be there to protect them anymore.
So, how do we speed up the end of Planned Parenthood? How do we get women facing crisis situations to those who can offer real love and support? We tell young people the truth about Planned Parenthood.
And that’s exactly what the Planned Parenthood Project Tour will do nationwide this fall. Here’s where we will be:
~ Colorado State University, CO
~ Regis University, CO
~ University at Buffalo, NY
~ The University of New Mexico, NM
~ Eastern Michigan University, MI
~ University of Michigan, MI
~ Oakland University, MI
~ Grand Valley State University, MI
~ Purdue University, IN
~ Indiana University, IN
~ The Ohio State University, OH
~ University of Cincinnati, OH
~ Cuesta College, CA
~ Allen Hancock College, CA
~ University of California -Sacramento, CA
~ University of California -Berkeley, CA
~ San Jose State University, CA
~ Santa Clara University, CA
~ Stanford University, CA
~ University of California -Santa Barbara, CA
~ Northern Kentucky University, KY
~ University of Kentucky, KY
~ Western Kentucky University, KY
~ Lee University, TN
~ Linn Benton Community College, OR
~ North Carolina State University, NC
~ University of Oregon, OR
~ University of Washington, WA
~ West Virginia University, WV
~ Gonzaga University, WA
~ LaSalle University, PA
~ Oregon State University, OR
~ University of South Alabama, AL
~ University of Southern Mississippi
~ Louisiana State University, LA
~ University of St. Thomas, TX
~ University of Texas – Austin, TX
~ Northern Arizona University, AZ
~ Arizona State University
~ The University of Arizona, AZ
Don’t worry if we aren’t visiting your school during the tour! You can still participate. Download these flyers, print and post all over your campus to share what Planned Parenthood’s plan is for your campus. Click the links to print out the flyers: PPProjectFlyer1, PPProjectFlyer2, PPProjectFlyer3, PPProjectFlyer4, PPProjectFlyer5
Here’s What Students will Learn this Fall…
Planned Parenthood’s PLAN for YOU
Plan A: Provide poor quality, faulty birth control. In its February 2005 issue of Consumer Reports, the non-profit Consumers Union ranked two of Planned Parenthood’s condom lines the lowest out of all the brands that they tested.
Plan B: Encourage daily hormonal treatment. PP encourages young women to begin a daily regimen of hormonal birth control, and they placate fears about side effects by saying that modern hormonal contraceptives are safer than earlier iterations because they contain smaller amounts of hormones, even though there are still dangerous side effects like death. Should something go wrong though, they’ll then offer you those same hormones in massive doses (the “morning after pill” which can cause early abortions), claim it’s perfectly safe, and hope you won’t notice they’re contradicting themselves
Plan C: Offer deceptive counseling and biased information. If things didn’t go so well with the condoms and birth control, and pregnancy does occur, then Planned Parenthood offers “options counseling” to help decide a course of action. However, dozens of former employees have blown the whistle on the unscrupulous nature of PP’s “options counseling,” acknowledging that it was commonly used to steer women towards abortion (which they profit from) instead of adoption or parenting (which they don’t get paid for). In 2011, PP performed 145 abortions for every 1 adoption referral and has now mandated that every affiliate performs abortions.
PLAN $$$: Money, money, money. According to Guttmacher Institute (Planned Parenthood’s research arm), the median cost of an abortion is $451. This means PP made over $150 million in revenue from the 333,965 abortions they performed in 2011. For years, Planned Parenthood officials, staff, and surrogates have repeatedly promoted false information about the services they offer (falsely claiming they provide mammograms, etc) and the uniqueness of their work to convince politicians to give them $542 million in taxpayer funding just in the 2011-2012 fiscal year alone. However, everything PP sells and provides (except abortion) can be found within the nationwide network of 8,000 taxpayer-funded Community Health Centers at universally lower prices. They provide services such as STD testing/treatment, pregnancy tests, and routine gynecological exams. Go here to locate one www.nachc.com/findahealthcenter.cfm
Get Real Help:
There are over 3,000 not-for-profit pregnancy help centers across America that provide free pregnancy tests, confidential counseling, free ultrasounds, parenting classes, and material support for young mothers and couples. Go here to locate one of these centers: www.optionline.org or call them at 1-800-712-HELP
Planned Parenthood: America’s Largest Abortion Vendor By the Numbers:
• 44% of abortions are performed on women 18-24 years old.
• 59% of 18-24 year-olds do not know that Planned Parenthood commits abortions.
• 80% of Planned Parenthood facilities are located within 5 miles of a college or university campus.
• 92% of Planned Parenthood’s pregnancy services were abortions in 2011.
• 915 abortions are committed by Planned Parenthood every day.
• 333,964 abortions were performed by Planned Parenthood facilities in 2011, their largest annual total ever, more than any other provider.
• $150,000,000 is the amount of revenue Planned Parenthood made from abortions in 2011.
• $542,000,000 is the total taxpayer dollars Planned Parenthood received in the 2011-2012 fiscal year.
*All figures not cited taken from Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s 2011-2012 Annual Report