Win $2000: Announcing the 1st Annual SFLA Pro-Life Video Activism Contest
Recognizing the importance YouTube is playing in our culture and media, SFLA is launching the first-ever pro-life video activism contest this fall. (New: Tips for creating your video for free are below!)
- First prize – $2,000
- Second prize – $1,500
- Third prize – $1,000
- Honorable Mentions – $500
The pro-life videos must focus on one of the two categories: De-funding Planned Parenthood or Pro-Life Voting in the 2008 Election.
Who Can Enter
- Groups or individuals may enter the contest.
- Multiple entries will be accepted.
- If a group enters, the group will be awarded the prize.
- If an individual enters, the individual will be awarded the prize.
- Any Teens for Life or Students for Life group in the U.S.
- Any student currently enrolled in a U.S. high school or college between the ages of 16 and 24.
- Staff members of organizations on the selection committee are not eligible to win.
- The storyline must fall into one of 2 categories: De-funding Planned Parenthood or Pro-Life Voting in the 2008 Election
- All videos must focus on the pro-life area of abortion only.
- Videos styles can be documentary or scripted.
- Must be posted on YouTube, under 10 minutes in length.
- All videos must have an introductory screen that reads “Entry for 2008 Students for Life of America Video Activism Contest” and include the SFLA website link: www.dev.studentsforlife.org.
- Videos involving the 2008 Election must not endorse one candidate over another. However, it may address the pro-life issue in terms of the election.
- All information presented in the video must be factual.
- Must be done in full accordance with the law.
- Any video that violates the rules of the contest will be asked to remove any association with Students for Life of America.
- All ideas must be original. Intellectual theft will be not tolerated.
- Creativity is encouraged for all videos.
Entries will be judged on a 1-5 scale for each of the following categories:
- Creativity and Originality
- Video Filming and Editing Skills
- Ground Breaking/Newsworthiness
- Relevancy to given topics
How to Submit and Deadline
- Name of individual or group entering
- U.S. High School or College individual or group enrolled in, homeschoolers welcome
- Contact person’s full name, e-mail address, and phone number
- All videos must be submitted by 11:00pm on Saturday, October 11, 2008. Winners will be notified by or on October 30, 2008.
- To submit, e-mail the YouTube video link along with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need Help creating your video? Click here for helpful tips!
Questions? E-mail us now.