Food, trips, printing flyers, making club t-shirts- you name it! Operating a growing group often requires money to fund materials and events. There are plenty of ways you can use your social media skills to fundraise. Don’t worry, you aren’t begging people for money. You are giving them the opportunity to work alongside you to fight the greatest human rights atrocity our world has ever known: abortion.
SFLA Resources to Request from your Regional Coordinator:
- Sample fundraising letter
- “Fundraising” training
- Create a budget.
- How much will it cost? Write-out all expenses and make estimations.
- Create a fundraising plan.
- When it comes to fundraising, social media is normally used to share your mission and purpose. Meet with your group to brainstorm ways to raise funds. Maybe you are going to host a dinner, bake sale, 5k walk/run, carwash, or just ask for donations. Remember, a dream without a plan is just a wish!
- Another way to set up an online fundraising page is to collect donations from credit cards.
- Post! Post! Post!
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram everywhere!
- Use your group’s social media platforms (and your own) to share about your group’s fundraising efforts. Share with like-minded local Facebook groups and ministries, too.
- Be specific. People want to know where their money is going. Share why you are fundraising, i.e. to raise funds for group pro-life t-shirts.
- Personal asks.
- Privately message friends and family. Personal asks usually are the most successful.
- Remember to tell them what the money will be used for and give them a way to donate: “Aunt Sue, would you be willing to sponsor a SFL member’s bus ride to the March for Life for $50? You can give with little effort using our Go Fund Me webpage.”
One thing you can’t forget: Thank your donors!
Whenever people donate, collect their contact information so you can thank them and update on upcoming events. You can message, email, call, or send a letter.
Questions? Contact your Regional Coordinator for more information.