We understand that students have a lot going on with classes, tests, school breaks and events. Throw in being a part of the largest pro-life organization, and you’ll see that time-management and planning play major roles in making a difference. To help your group stay on top of your game, we created a 2017-2018 Plan Your Year Guide!
SFLA Resources to Request from your Regional Coordinator:
- Plan Your Year Guide
- Print it! (We know, this may seem “old school” but you’ll thank us later!)
- Mark important dates: orientation, first/last day of school, all major holidays, breaks, or school events (football games, homecoming, etc.) We’ve listed all national pro-life events, but fill-in your local events and campaigns, too.
- Brainstorm and create a list of events to do throughout the school year with your group members. Mix it up with small and big events, and begin with those that build relationships between members. Slowly move towards more advanced activities as the year progresses.
- Set goals. Be realistic with planning your events. Consider costs, materials needed, and time required to pull them off. Plan an activity every other week (in addition to weekly meetings) and one big event each semester. Contact your Regional Coordinator for training with Planning Your Year over the summer.
- Review the calendar at your first meeting of the new year with the group. Make any changes, additions, or deletions as needed, and start delegating responsibilities for specific activities to make them happen.
Then, what do you do with the PYYG?
After completing the Plan Your Year Guide, share the events and dates with all the students in your campus group. This is an effective and efficient way to make sure that all group members are aware of the times and dates of your events! Happy Planning!
Questions? Contact your Regional Coordinator for more information.