On Saturday, August 3rd, Students for Life of America is organizing our 4th annual National Pro-Life Generation Sidewalk Day! We are calling the Pro-Life Generation to be on the front lines, reaching out to women and saving lives.
Sidewalk Counseling is such an important and practical way to affirm life in your community. Many people sidewalk counsel regularly, but this is a unique opportunity to come together with students and community members across the nation – all on the same day.
If you would like to be a Sidewalk Captain and facilitate your city’s participation, please
As a witness on the sidewalks in front of abortion facilities, you are the last face these women see before they enter. You are their final hope; the last opportunity to turn around. Many have already made up their minds, but you have the potential to impact them in such a way that they may reconsider.
The young women (and men) who are entering abortion facilities need to see someone on the sidewalk they can relate to. The turnaround rate is even higher when there are counselors who look like peers. That’s why we need you.
But first – get trained on how to do it!
Lauren Muzyka from Sidewalk Advocates for Life will be joining us for a Facebook Live trainingthe week before National Pro-life Generation Sidewalk Day. Day and time are TBD, but you’ll get the details via email and social media. Be sure to join us!
If you are unavailable, click here to see a previous year’s recording with Lauren Muzyka.
Also, check out the following do’s and don’ts for successfully participating in National Sidewalk Day 2019:
• Be peaceful, helpful, goal-oriented
• Smile and be pleasant
• Stay vigilant and aware of your surroundings
• Have compassion
• Know the literature you have in your hand
• Back up what you say
• Show each woman that you care about her, not just the child
• Speak clearly and loudly enough to hear
• Do not yell
• Do not display unapproachable body language (crossing arms, grumpy expression, etc.)
• Do not block the woman’s walking path
• Do not wear overtly pro-life clothing
• Do not be aggressive
• Do not evangelize
• Do not socialize / laugh
• Do not touch the person – be respectful of personal space
• Do not break the law (e.g. don’t touch the front door, respect property lines)
• Do not carry signs if you’re counseling. Stick to in-hand literature.
Will you join us on Saturday, August 3rd on sidewalks across the Nation?