Do you have activism events coming up, but are worried about your group members being afraid to dialogue with others? It’s probably because they lack confidence when it comes to defending their pro-life beliefs. Hosting an SFLA Pro-Life Apologetics training is a great idea for boosting your group members’ confidence! Invite your Regional Coordinator to come and give you all the tips and tricks you need to know about engaging your pro-choice peers in abortion discussions. We promise that you will leave with a new-found zeal and confidence in defending your pro-life position!
SFLA Resources to Request from your Regional Coordinator:
- Advertisement Flyer templates
- “Apologetics 101” training
- “Apologetics 201” training
- Pick a Date.
- Find a date that works well for club members to attend a training. Remember, your Regional Coordinator may be driving a long way to come speak, so schedule for a day and time when the most members are available!
- Usually we encourage groups to host this training near the beginning of the school year. This way, you will be well-equipped for activism days throughout the semester and beyond!
- Reserve a Room.
- Make sure that the room you request has A/V accessibility, as your Regional Coordinator will likely have a power point presentation.
- Choose a room that is large enough to accommodate your group members and any guests that may want to join.
- It’s generally best to keep your meetings consistent. So, we recommend hosting your apologetics training in the same location as your regular meetings if that room has the appropriate accommodations.
- Follow-up to get confirmation of your reservation (college groups); this helps to avoid any last-minute scrambling to find a space!
- Choose a Training.
- “Apologetics 101” covers a basic strategy for defending your pro-life beliefs. If you have group members who have never had an apologetics training before, this is the one for you! We highly suggest that every group host an apologetics training near the beginning of the school year. It will help your members to be more confident when they dialogue with peers during your activism displays!
- “Apologetics 201” covers the “tough questions”. This training is designed for students who already have a solid foundation of pro-life arguments. We suggest this training for groups that have already hosted “Apologetics 101”, and wish to take their pro-life defense to the next level.
- Create Flyers.
- Ask your Regional Coordinator for a flyer template, or have one of your artistic group members create an advertisement flyer to hang around your school.
- Flyers should include the date, time, and location, as well as an invitation “Join us!”, “We Want YOU”, “Come Understand the Pro-Life Position”, etc. You will want people to feel welcome to join!
- You are hosting a representative from one of the largest pro-life organizations in the nation. This is a big deal. Advertise it as such!
- Invite members from like-minded groups to join. This might be the spark that it takes to get them involved in Students for Life!
- Give each group member 10 flyers, and task them to hang those 10 flyers somewhere on campus/around school.
- Chalk the training information around campus and invite your peers to join!
- Tell your members in advance to clear their schedules for the training.
- Invite community members that share your mission!
Requesting a Regional Coordinator:
We would love to come speak at your school! Remember, Regional Coordinator’s schedules tend to fill up quickly in the fall. That means that you should get your request in now to host an “Apologetics” training!
Questions? Contact your Regional Coordinator for more information.