Why does SFLA want you to watch and share October Baby? Because lives are going to be saved! You see, when you see this movie, you will be moved. If you are already pro-life, this movie will move you to action. You will be inspired to get more involved, to spread awareness, or maybe to even adopt a child.
Don’t believe me? As I am writing this, Amelia just posted this on our Facebook wall: “It was partly Bella that led me to care about abortion… people like me are led to activism because of these (pro-life movies)” Wow! Fantastic!
Also, for those who aren’t pro-life or who are contemplating abortion, this movie may change their hearts and help to save lives!
At the same time, this is an action item. Hollywood is always pumping out movies with questionable themes– many promoting sexual immorality and pro-death messages. What a way to combat the typical Hollywood movies with a LIFE affirming movie. Purchasing this movie and showing it at your school is like voting. You are making an affirmative action to support a pro-life film and to increase its impact.
So go see October Baby! Buy it at the store. Show it at your school. The places that we can show October Baby equals the more hearts and minds changed– and more lives saved!
“You saw me before I was born.” Psalm 139:16 (NLT)
As the curtain rises, Hannah hesitantly steps onto the stage for her theatrical debut in college. Yet before she can utter her first lines, Hannah—unscripted—collapses in front of the stunned audience.
After countless medical tests, all signs point to one underlying factor: Hannah’s difficult birth. This revelation is nothing compared to what she then learns from her parents: she was actually adopted … after a failed abortion attempt.
Bewildered, angered, and confused, Hannah turns for support to Jason, her oldest friend. Encouraged by his adventurous spirit, Hannah joins his group of friends on a Spring Break road trip, embarking on a journey to discover her hidden past … and find hope for her unknown future.
In the midst of her incredible journey, Hannah finds that life can be so much more than what you have planned.
- Hold a meeting to create a plan for organizing your event, and delegate tasks to each of your members.
- Purchase the movie event license. This will typically cost $199 for student groups (because you are do not qualify for the church rate). This license is good for 1 year.
- Decide on a date, time, and location for your event.
- Reserve the room space.
- Gather the appropriate equipment to view the film (e.g. projector, screen).
- Advertise for your event with flyers, Facebook announcements, handouts, and/or personal invites.
- Provide food and refreshments for the event.
- Prepare talking points for a discussion following the movie.
- Acquire appropriate adoption materials to hand out at the event.
- Have a great event!
- What did you think of the movie?
- What parts of the movie stood out to you?
- Did you learn anything from the movie?
- Do you think a pro-abortion person would get something positive from the movie? What?
For Further Discussion
- Discuss After Abortion Grief: What are some signs of after abortion grief? How would you go about helping someone with after abortion grief?
- Discuss adoption: Do you know anyone who was adopted, placed for adoption or adopted a child? What do they think about their experience with adoption? What did you learn about adoption from the movie?
- Spread the word about After Abortion Grief and direct your peers to resources for help and support.
- Spread the word about October Baby via social media
- Advocate for the Adoption Tax Credit that will help adopting couples financially