Planned Parenthood’s PLAN for YOU
Plan A: Provide poor quality, faulty birth control. In its February 2005 issue of Consumer Reports, the non-profit Consumers Union ranked two of Planned Parenthood’s condom lines the lowest out of all the brands that they tested.
Plan B: Encourage daily hormonal treatment. PP encourages young women to begin a daily regimen of hormonal birth control, and they placate fears about side effects by saying that modern hormonal contraceptives are safer than earlier iterations because they contain smaller amounts of hormones, even though there are still dangerous side effects like death. Should something go wrong though, they’ll then offer you those same hormones in massive doses (the “morning after pill” which can cause early abortions), claim it’s perfectly safe, and hope you won’t notice they’re contradicting themselves
Plan C: Offer deceptive counseling and biased information. If things didn’t go so well with the condoms and birth control, and pregnancy does occur, then Planned Parenthood offers “options counseling” to help decide a course of action. However, dozens of former employees have blown the whistle on the unscrupulous nature of PP’s “options counseling,” acknowledging that it was commonly used to steer women towards abortion (which they profit from) instead of adoption or parenting (which they don’t get paid for). In 2011, PP performed 145 abortions for every 1 adoption referral and has now mandated that every affiliate performs abortions.
PLAN $$$: Money, money, money. According to Guttmacher Institute (Planned Parenthood’s research arm), the median cost of an abortion is $451. This means PP made over $150 million in revenue from the 333,965 abortions they performed in 2011. For years, Planned Parenthood officials, staff, and surrogates have repeatedly promoted false information about the services they offer (falsely claiming they provide mammograms, etc) and the uniqueness of their work to convince politicians to give them $542 million in taxpayer funding just in the 2011-2012 fiscal year alone. However, everything PP sells and provides (except abortion) can be found within the nationwide network of 8,000 taxpayer-funded Community Health Centers at universally lower prices. They provide services such as STD testing/treatment, pregnancy tests, and routine gynecological exams. Go here to locate one: www.nachc.com/findahealthcenter.cfm.
*All figures taken from Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s 2011-2012 Annual Report
Get Real Help
There are over 3,000 not-for-profit pregnancy help centers across America that provide free pregnancy tests, confidential counseling, free ultrasounds, parenting classes, and material support for young mothers and couples. Go here to locate one of these centers: www.optionline.org or call them at 1-800-712-HELP
America’s Largest Abortion Vendor By the Numbers
• 44% of abortions are performed on women 18-24 years old.
• 59% of 18-24 year-olds do not know that Planned Parenthood commits abortions.
• 80% of Planned Parenthood facilities are located within 5 miles of a college or university campus.
• 92% of Planned Parenthood’s pregnancy services were abortions in 2011.
• 915 abortions are committed by Planned Parenthood every day.
• 333,964 abortions were performed by Planned Parenthood facilities in 2011, their largest annual total ever, more than any other provider.
• $150,000,000 is the amount of revenue Planned Parenthood made from abortions in 2011.
• $542,000,000 is the total taxpayer dollars Planned Parenthood received in the 2011-2012 fiscal year.
Planned Parenthood and Gosnell
With the late-term abortionist/infant serial killer Kermit Gosnell trial in Philadelphia, 'The Planned Parenthood Project' is especially relevant. The gruesome crimes of Gosnell are not an isolated incident. Planned Parenthood, which holds itself up as a clean, safe, women-friendly environment, engages in the same disgusting practices:
- The week of April 7, 2013, a Planned Parenthood in Delaware that has sent five women to the emergency room since January had to stop doing abortions because of unsafe and unsanitary conditions similar to the ones found at Gosnell's abortion mill. One nurse said of the operating room, "It's not washed down, it's not even cleaned off. It has bloody drainage on it." She also said patients "could be at risk of getting hepatitis, even AIDS."
- In late March, 2013, Planned Parenthood official from Florida testified that a baby born alive during an abortion should be allowed to be killed, saying, “We believe that any decision that’s made should be left up to the woman, her family, and the physician.” Gosnell routinely killed babies born alive after an abortion - often by cutting their spinal cords. Apparently that's a decision Planned Parenthood supports a physician like Gosnell making.
- In 2008, a New Jersey Planned Parenthood nurse told Students for Life of America President Kristan Hawkins that with an abortion after 22 weeks, the baby is delivered and can survive an abortion: “It does happen, where it’s still alive…but it wouldn’t be able to survive on its own, so eventually the baby does die.” Again, Planned Parenthood knows and supports abortions that result in babies born alive but left to die, as happened in Gosnell's facility.
*All figures not cited taken from Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s 2011-2012 Annual Report