- First, check your campus rules for chalking. Some campuses will have designated areas where this is allowed. Others may require notice prior to your project.
- Use PINK chalk to draw 160 sets of baby feet down the sidewalk.
- Let each set of feet represent 1 MILLION girls.
- Add phrases alongside the display: Where are our girls?, Discriminated because she was a girl, 160 million missing world-wide, Is this equality?, Sex-selective abortion hurts baby girls, Protect our girls.
2. Luminary Display
- Designate a date, time, and location for your display.
- Make sure that you have obtained permission to set up your display.
- Advertise with flyers around campus and on social media.
- Purchase 160 candles, matches, and paper bags from a crafts store. You will also need sand or small stones to weigh down the bags so that they will not blow away.
- Make a banner, poster, or sign to identify and explain your display.
- Assign volunteers to set up the display.
- Consider writing phrases on some of the bags: Where are our girls?, Discriminated because she was a girl, 160 million missing world-wide, Is this equality?, Sex-selective abortion hurts baby girls, Protect our girls.
- Light candles as it begins to get dark (around 4 or 5pm).
- Have a volunteer stand guard by the display in order to answer questions and guard your display.
- Hand out fact sheets or publications to further educate your audience.
3. Distribute literature on campus.
- Contact Beth at [email protected] for copies of Live Action’s The Advocate “40 Years of Roe.” This publication has a special feature entitled “Sex-Selection Occurring Here in America.”
- Distribute these magazines at your tabling events.
- Have members of your group to hand these out around campus.
- Ask permission from school staff and administration to have these magazines placed in certain locations around campus.
4. All Girls Allowed
- All Girls Allowed seeks to “expose the injustice of China’s One-Child Policy, rescue girls and mothers from gendercide in society, and celebrate women by embracing them as equal image-bearers of God.”
- To host an All Girls Allowed event, please go to this LINK.
- Learn more about Gendercide in China with this All Girls Allowed VIDEO, and find out what else you can do to help!
DID YOU KNOW?
International Women’s Day is on MARCH 8th. Show your community that gendercide and sex-selective abortion are issues that should not be ignored!