There’s nothing like the smell of delicious cookies floating in the air! If you’re looking to raise some funds for a trip to the National Conference, supplies for your next event or even building a baby closet for the local pregnancy center, a bake sale is a great way to go!
SFLA Resources to Request from your Regional Coordinator:
- “Join Us” topic card
- “Fundraising” training
- Plan the bake sale! Choose a location, date, and time to hold the sale.
- Ask for permission from your group adviser or administration to reserve a space and host the bake sale. Complete any necessary paperwork for approval.
- Host the sale before school, during lunch, and after school.
- Ask a local church if you can host the bake sale after Sunday services.
- It’s time to advertise!
- Hang flyers a week in advance so every student knows the sale is happening.
- If you’re hosting the bake sale at your church, ask to advertise in your weekly bulletin or add it in the announcements.
- Create an event on social media and invite all your friends, church members, and community.
- The day before is the time to bake those goodies!
- Ask each group member to bake an item for the sale.
- Ask the most artistic group member to create a sign with prices. If you’re raising funds for a certain event, provide all the information for those who would like to learn more!
- Create an envelope to store your money.
- Start with $20 in one dollar bills so you will have change if people need it. Make sure you write down the amount you started with so you’ll know exactly how much money you made.
- The day has finally arrived! Let all members know when and where to drop off the delicious treats and work your bake sale!
Where do we keep our money?
The bake sale is done, but where do you keep the money? Contact your Regional Coordinator to determine the best way to store your funds until they are needed for your big event.
Questions? Contact your Regional Coordinator for more information.