A great way to meet local community pro-life activist is through participation in your local 40 Days for Life campaign. 40 Days for Life is a community-based campaign that takes a determined but peaceful approach to show local communities the atrocity of abortion through praying outside of abortion facilities. Your group can sign-up for a regular time slot or go anytime during the Fall or Spring campaign to help end abortion through prayer. Check out the national website for 40 Days for Life here: https://40daysforlife.com/.
SFLA Resources to Request from your Regional Coordinator:
- “Post- Abortion Healing” topic card
- “Sidewalk Counseling” training
- “Abortion Pill Reversal” drop cards
- Look up your local 40 Days for Life campaign at https://40daysforlife.com/ to learn more about what is happening in your area.
- Poll group members to determine the level of interest for participating in an event.
- Reach out to the organizer to sign-up for a few hours of the campaign or you can create an account online to sign-up.
- Pick a date and time to pray outside a local abortion facility.
- Set-up a Doodle form or have a sign-up sheet for group members to commit to a time slot.
- Attend the 40 Days for Life campaign event. Pray to end abortion and speak with women who may pass-by to enter or exit the facility. Remember to show love and respect no matter what since you not only represent yourself, but your group, SFLA, and the pro-life movement.
Questions? Contact your Regional Coordinator for more information.