In December, 2021, Students for Life of America’s (SFLA) Demetree Institute for Pro-Life Advancement released its Christian Schools Project, investigating all 784 Christian schools across the country to identify any ties these Christian institutions have to the nation’s largest abortion vendor, Planned Parenthood.
Another goal of the Christian Schools Project was to encourage and identify schools which also support pregnant and parenting students on campus. SFLA is proud to introduce the Christian Schools Standing with You Scholarship Competition where we pick three Christian schools that are doing outstanding work for women on campus.
It’s time to highlight the amazing pro-life efforts of students who attend Christian colleges and universities across America who are setting the standard for great Christian schools. These groups have a passion for helping pregnant and parenting students on their Christian campus, and SFLA wants to award them for their efforts—with your help! By evaluating each school’s friendliness and support for parenting students on campus, we have narrowed it down to our top ten school groups, and now it’s up to you to help us choose the winner.
Check out one of the schools that made it to the top ten below: The University of St. Thomas in Texas
The University of St. Thomas is one of ten student groups competing to be in the top three of all Christian Schools who will earn a scholarship for pregnant and parenting students on campus and an award for their group activities for the upcoming year.
The University of St. Thomas, a Catholic institution, was given an A-grade for not promoting Planned Parenthood to their students. The campus’s Students for Life of America group, the Celts for Life, was established in 2013 and now has 50 active members. They started an annual scholarship in 2018 that aims to help young parents at the University of St. Thomas and support their academic success as they have chosen life for their child. To date, the Celts for Life have awarded $22,000 in total to 30 parents at the University of St. Thomas.
Here are some more accomplishments of the University of St. Thomas group:
- They have hosted educational and inspirational guest speakers like Dr. Furlan, who discussed the importance of human dignity. They have also hosted speakers who gave their testimony on navigating pregnancy in college.
- The group also hosted a donation drive for parents in need. Some items from the drive have remained on campus for student parents while other donated supplies have been given to local pregnancy resource centers.
- They also pray outside Planned Parenthood on the first Saturday of every month, and their group has had a lot of interest in also attending the first Saturday of the month Mass together.
- They have also partnered with Texas Right to Life and currently have four Dr. Joseph Graham Fellows serving as officers.
- Their group has also attended the National Pro-Life March in Washington, D.C, and they are currently in the process of deciding whether the group should make the National Pro-Life March a course credit at school.
You can vote for this school to receive a $1,500 scholarship for a pregnant or parenting student on their campus and up to $500 to help their group activities for the upcoming year. Click HERE to vote for the University of St. Thomas (Texas)!
And that’s not all, either—each of these three groups will also get to send two representatives to the National Leaders Collective. This is SFLA’s weekend of pro-life activism training for student leaders within our movement. At the National Leaders Collective, these two representatives will receive their award.
CAST YOUR VOTE BELOW!
Share this post