We are only SEVEN weeks (exactly) away from the biggest pro-life training conference in the world. Formerly known as the Students for Life of America National Conference, the National Pro-Life Summit is BIGGER in every way.
Taking place on Saturday, January 25th (the day after the National Pro-Life March) this Summit is poised to train 3,000 pro-life activists of all ages to be well-rounded builders of a culture of LIFE. Since we’re seven weeks out, check out these seven reasons why you should get your National Pro-Life March group to attend the Summit!
Number One: The Location is Convenient
This year, we are blessed to bring this event right to downtown Washington, D.C. For National Pro-Life March pilgrims… it could not be closer! The entire Summit will take place at the Mariott Marquis (901 Massachusetts Ave NW).
We even have a couple rooms left of a special discounted room block… click here to snag one! They’re almost gone though so get them while you can. These rooms provide the ultimate experience – lodging in the same building as the event!
Number Two: The All-Star Speaker Lineup
There are four pro-life powerhouse organizations hosting this Summit (Students for Life of America, Live Action, Alliance Defending Freedom, and Heritage Foundation). And with this all-star team came even more all-star pro-life speakers than ever before.
Speakers range across the whole pro-life spectrum, from survivors of failed abortions and former NFL players to life-championing politicians and famous faith leaders. The pro-life movement is incredibly diverse, and there will be an expert on every topic our movement faces.
Number Three: We Can Drive You to D.C.
For the first time ever, Students for Life is sponsoring bus trips to the National Pro-Life March and National Pro-Life Summit. A few of the trips are already fully booked, but the last few still have seats open!
The Ohio and Midwest (red and royal blue below) Trips are full, but there are still seats on the rest of the routes (the orange Northeast trip, the teal Southeast trip, the purple Appalachian trip, and the lime green Pennsylvania trip).
Click here to learn more and see who to contact for the trip in your region. Students must be 18 or older.
*The Virginia trip (light blue) has been canceled.
Number Four: The Price is Right
We know that cost is one of the biggest obstacles for groups attending the National Pro-Life March. That’s why we’ve done everything in our power to keep the cost as low as possible for both students and adults. Student tickets are just $55 and adult tickets are $80 – all for an entire day of pro-life training (plus a catered lunch). But remember, after January 9th, those ticket costs will increase by another $5.
Your National Pro-Life Summit ticket includes:
- Access to dozens of pro-life workshops on a wide variety of topics for you to pick and choose from.
- Front-row seats to speakers like Charlotte Pence, Liz Wheeler, Matt Birk, Trent Horn, and many more.
- Lunch catered by Mariott and an afternoon snack.
- Access to organizations who will be tabling at booths throughout the event, plus a pro-life job fair!
- The possibility of attending special Luncheons during lunchtime the Summit and other parallel opportunities:
Lunch at the Summit will be catered by Mariott. And for some, lunch will also consist of a special meeting!
There will be three special lunches hosted by Students for Life: The Leadership Lunches, Students for Life Action Lunch, and Ivy League Lunch.
- The Leadership Lunches are for Presidents & Vice Presidents of Students for Life groups (high school and college). Groups are limited to 2 representatives.
- The Students for Life Action Lunch is hosted by our sister organization and is designed for students interested in the political side of pro-life activism.
- The Ivy League Lunch is for pro-life leaders at Ivy League schools and will address the unique challenges and opportunities encountered there. Email Michele Hendrickson for more details and to RSVP: [email protected]
There are a few special meetups for attendees of certain circumstances.
- The International Meetup is for attendees visiting from other countries. Email Lori Cascio for more details and to RSVP: [email protected]
- The Bus Trip Attendee Gathering is for students who took advantage of our bus trips to get to the National Pro-Life March and National Pro-Life Summit that will have a special guest speaker! Email Michele Hendrickson for more details and to RSVP: [email protected]
- The Pro-Life Future and Leadership Fellows Meetup is for members of our young adult program, Pro-Life Future, as well as past & current Stevens and Wilberforce Fellows. Email Christina Coffman for more details and to RSVP: [email protected]
Number Five: We’ve Made it Easy to Plan
Intimidated by planning the trip? Just dive in! Check out our FAQ Page and our Student Planning Guide to help you piece together a super memorable pilgrimage to the biggest pro-life gathering in the world. And if you’re still not sure after checking out those resources, know that any member of the Students for Life team would be more than happy to help you (and/or your group) put your trip together.
Number Six: You’ll Already Be In Town!
As a result of the National Pro-Life March committee re-positioning the March to always be on a Friday… that means the National Pro-Life Summit will always be on a Saturday! So every logistical factor is in your group’s favor: both events are in downtown D.C., there are plenty of places to stay, and you won’t have to miss any extra school.
There are a lot of events surrounding the National Pro-Life March – but no other single event is more catered exactly to pro-life students.
Number Seven: It Just Might Change Your Life
We hear these stories all the time – students attend our National Conference and are so ignited and moved by it that they set out on a new path to build a culture of life. There are members on our own Students for Life team who have had this experience, and other students who have felt subsequently called to religious life or full-time work in the pro-life movement. In essence… it’s impossible to surround yourself with the Pro-Life Generation in this setting and not feel on FIRE for life, fully equipped to go out and defend the preborn.