Sidewalk chalking is the ideal campus activism. It requires practically no money and minimal time, yet it sends the pro-life message loud and clear! With a handful of chalk and an arsenal of pro-life slogans, you can leave a lasting impression on hundreds or even thousands of people.
Join lots of other pro-life students on Tuesday, October 22nd for National Pro-Life Chalk Day! Here’s what you need to do:
Step 1: Buy sidewalk chalk
Step 2: Gather your pro-life friends
Step 3: Find a heavily trafficked public area
Step 4: Chalk short pro-life messages in large letters everywhere
Example Messages You Can Use:
- We Don’t Need Planned Parenthood #DefundPP
- Abortion Hurts Women
- Women Need Love Not Abortion
- Restore Preborn Rights
- Human Rights for All: Born & Preborn
- Heart Begins Beating at 21 Days
- Social Justice Begins in the Womb
- Adoption Not Abortion
- Love Them Both
- True Feminists are Pro-Life
- Peace Begins in the Womb
- Equal Rights for Preborn People
- Draw 3,000 baby feet or hearts and chalk “Abortion Stops 3,000 Hearts Every Day.”
- Don’t get discouraged if your “artwork” is scuffed or washed off by haters – that means they saw it.
- Place messages at different angles and perspectives so foot traffic from every direction will catch a glimpse.
- Keep the messages short and succinct; you only have a brief moment to get your point across – make it count.
- Use bright or pastel colors like pink, blue, white, and yellow.
For more sample messages, click here.
If you run into vandals or other sorts of trouble, make sure to catch it on video. That will make it much easier for your school to take disciplinary action if necessary. You can view Bernadette from Fresno State’s video here. She was able to take her professor to court and defend her freedom of speech.
If your chalk is vandalized or your group experiences trouble with administration, please email [email protected] IMMEDIATELY with a detailed description and pictures and videos (if available).