Are you a man who is a leader or officer in your campus pro-life group? Do you want to be mentored by a national pro-life leader? Then this is the Fellowship for you!
There is a need in society today to strengthen men as we seek to empower women and abolish abortion. Cultural, political, and academic decisions the American public have made in the past 70 years have contorted the American perspective on masculinity, fatherhood, and male leadership.
These contortions can all be tangibly seen in the pro-life movement as the majority of men feel that they cannot voice their opinion on pro-life policy or be a resounding example of a pro-life leader in their area of influence. In an attempt to create strong men, whom can be pro-life leaders in their chosen profession (whether that be in the political, business, academic, medical, or non-profit sphere), the Invictus Fellowship was born.
This fellowship will heavily involve young men with strong leadership potential in the practicum of pro-life apologetics, civic engagement, and in various discussions ranging from self-identity to responsibility. As a result, Invictus Fellows will be better prepared to actively engage in the Pro-Life Movement where their skills can be best utilized as we strive to create a culture where abortion is unthinkable, and all lives are recognized as intrinsic valuable.
All SFLA Invictus Fellows will be flown to Jacksonville, Florida for the kick-off weekend training from Friday, March 13th through Sunday, March 15th, 2020. Flights, housing, and meals in the Jacksonville area will be covered by Students for Life of America.
WHAT TO EXPECT
During 2020, Invictus Fellows will…
- Learn what it takes to be a leader by reviewing various books and publications and participating in bi-weekly webcasts for discussion and guest speaker lectures.
- Apply the skills they learn to complete an Invictus project, designed by the student for their unique campus and community needs.
- Work with their Invictus mentor (a leader in a national pro-life organization) who will give advice and help them complete their project.
- The fellowship will consume a few hours per week.
- No financial stipends or pay is available.
- Your travel, housing, and food costs during the kick-off weekend will be covered.
- Any additional meals in the airport or beyond the meal stipends are the Fellow’s responsibility. The meal stipend is usually more than enough.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY
- College-age men (see note below)
- Must be interested in pursuing a full-time career in the pro-life movement.
- Must be able to attend the Invictus kick-off weekend, Friday, March 13th through Sunday, March 15th, 2020.
All applications are due by midnight on February 15th, 2020. Interviews will be scheduled shortly thereafter, and selections will be made by March 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are currently closed until Fall 2020.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information about the Invictus Men’s Fellowship, please contact Ryan Neuhaus at [email protected].