There is a LOT going on with David Daleiden’s trial following the undercover Planned Parenthood videos. It’s hard to follow – even for those working in the pro-life movement! The abortion lobby is actively trying to muddy the water (obviously), and this case has been going on since 2015.
We’d like to clear things up and give you a no-nonsense summary of exactly what’s going on with David, CMP, & Planned Parenthood’s biggest scandal.
How Did This Start?
The Center for Medical Progress (CMP) is the organization that undercover pro-life journalist David Daleiden founded. On their website, they describe themselves as: “a group of citizen journalists dedicated to monitoring and reporting on medical ethics and advances. We are concerned about contemporary bioethical issues that impact human dignity, and we oppose any interventions, procedures, and experiments that exploit the unequal legal status of any class of human beings.[…]”
As part of their human rights efforts, CMP spent 2.5 years documenting the illegal sale of baby body parts by Planned Parenthood officials. The release of their first round of undercover videos in 2015 was one of the biggest exposed scandals in Planned Parenthood’s 100-year history. You can read more about their endeavors, called “The Human Capital Project,” here.
What Do the Undercover Videos Reveal?
First and foremost, CMP’s undercover videos reveal that Planned Parenthood engages in the illegal sale of baby body parts to a buyer called StemExpress, who pays them to use the bodies for research. This alone was cause for a tremendous public uproar – even before evidence surfaced that their abortionists were also altering their methods specifically to harvest organs.
The secondary findings of these videos revealed the cold callousness with which Planned Parenthood officials regard their work, talking of crushed skulls and “eyeballs falling into laps.” The abortion lobby keeps things pretty in the public eye, but behind closed doors, their attitudes proved to be alarming.
Planned Parenthood’s Response
The release of these videos was a very bad day for Planned Parenthood. Immediately, the debauchery began.
- Planned Parenthood officials secretly met with California Attorney General Kamala Harris at her L.A. office.
- Kamala Harris abused her power and ordered an illegal raid on David Daleiden’s home, seizing all of his equipment and unpublished videos.
- Planned Parenthood came down with full legal force, trying to squash Daleiden and make the videos go away (also illegal, as in California, citizen journalists cannot be incriminated in the way they’re trying to do so).
- Then President of Planned Parenthood Cecile Richards made public appearances, trying to persuade everyone that the videos were “dishonestly edited.”
- No one bought that story, and Daleiden’s preliminary hearing commenced September 2019. Which brings us to the present.
Plot Twist: Abortionist Takes Daleiden’s Side
Now here’s where things get even crazier. Life Site reported the following:
Dr. Forrest Smith, an obstetrician-gynecologist who is also an abortionist in California, told the San Francisco court that not only did Daleiden’s and Merritt’s now-famous videos expose the gruesome truth about the abortion industry’s trade in fetal body parts, but that things are even worse than they knew.
Smith testified that it is almost certain that some of the abortionists featured in the undercover videos deliberately altered abortion procedures in a way that both led to the birth of living babies with beating hearts, and put women at risk. The goal in these cases would be to obtain fresher, more intact organs.
So, one of the longest-standing abortionists in America took the stand to defend the pro-life undercover reporters. That in itself is shocking. But what he continued on to say is beyond comprehension.
Smith watched the CMP videos and said all of the content is true, but that it gets so much worse. Planned Parenthood abortionists are delivering babies alive and dissecting them alive in order to harvest their hearts.
Here’s the explanation:
- There is a video of Planned Parenthood employee Alisa Goldberg advocating for Planned Parenthood’s method of high-dose misoprostol for abortions.
- In small doses, misoprostol softens the cervix and mimics the start of natural labor. In large doses, misoprostol brings on full labor, causing “tumultuous” uterine contractions & fetal expulsion.
- Abortionist Forrest Smith, who has done over 50,000 abortions, said this method is likely to result in live births. Smith testified that “very few people in abortion, outside of Planned Parenthood, do that.”
- To avoid breaking partial-birth laws, compliant abortionists cause fetal heart attacks by injecting digoxin directly into the baby’s heart.
- But Planned Parenthood wants to sell the heart, which can’t be done a) with digoxin in it, b) with anesthetic in the body, and c) with an interruption in the beat. It must be harvested beating.
Planned Parenthood abortionists are delivering babies alive, using an amount of misoprostol that’s dangerous to the mother, and cutting out their beating hearts with no pain relief.
It’s worth mentioning that Dr. Smith pointed out that Planned Parenthood is apparently working off a faulty definition of “fetal demise.” In other words, they’re considering a baby dead when he or she is not. For instance, if limbs are torn off, they consider that “fetal demise,” which Smith says is “completely false.” He then describes how his abortion method is much more certain about death. Which is little consolation.
What Do We Think of That?
It’s hard to find the words. Every time we think there’s “a line,” Planned Parenthood crosses it. Then draws a new one. Then crosses that one. The mental image of what these people are doing is the stuff of nightmares. Imagining what else they’re doing that we don’t know about is horrible.
But remember this: with each appalling secret that is exposed, we are one step closer to dismantling their abortion empire. Planned Parenthood is wildly rich and superb at marketing. They’ve managed to convince a sizable chunk of Americans that they are trustworthy & upstanding.
The secrets are there. The scandals are gruesome. All we have to do is spread the truth. We don’t trust Planned Parenthood.