In March, Abby Johnson’s theatrical biography about her transformation from Planned Parenthood director to pro-life activist took theaters by storm. Students across the country took part in the Unplanned Challenge, bringing a pro-choice friend to see this powerful movie (for free, thanks to Students for Life and some generous donors).
When the Unplanned Challenge launched this spring, bringing students of all beliefs to their local theaters, the results were powerful.
“Everyone who came to see the movie in our group, including a few pro-choice people, were touched by this retelling of Abby’s story.” -Simon from Washington
“It was so powerful! If only every young woman and supporter of Planned Parenthood could watch it!” -Helena from Massachusetts
Now, it’s time for the Unplanned Challenge Part Two! And this time, we are going even bigger.
Students for Life of America will bring Unplanned to 250+ schools across the country to reach even more hearts. There are a lot of ways to go about changing hearts and minds about abortion; this is an easy place to start.
- The challenge? Persuading pro-choice students and peers to attend.
- The good news? Students for Life groups can sign up to be a hosting school and screen Unplanned right on campus!
Join the Unplanned Challenge: Part 2! Apply here.
We will equip participating groups with digital and mailed resources to help make the event a success:
- A free license and DVD to show Unplanned
- An Unplanned Movie Screening Guide
- Social media graphics
- A bag of popcorn to get you started
- Planned Parenthood topic cards to spark dialogue
- And a sample permission form (for high school use)
We can’t wait to hear how it goes!
Questions? Contact Mary Briganti, the SFLA Effective Education Coordinator, at [email protected].