ST. LOUIS, MO and WASHINGTON D.C. (06-21-19) – Responding to news that a Missouri judge ignored that state’s efforts to close a state abortion facility found to be violating state health and safety standards – leaving it open to do abortions no matter the risks to women– Students for Life of America President Kristan Hawkins made the following statement: “Planned Parenthood has arrogantly refused to put patient safety first. They don’t seem to care what happens to women, as long as a baby’s life ends. Access to abortion should never come before women’s safety.
“Real medical centers take seriously the sacred pledge to ‘do no harm’ to patients, but it’s a travesty of justice that not only does Planned Parenthood care nothing about preborn babies, they don’t really care about women either. Students for Life of America will continue to work in Missouri to close that hazard to women’s health and advocate for the women being taken in ambulances from that disreputable Planned Parenthood location.”
A summary of the tale of the St. Louis Planned Parenthood:
- They have sent 80 women by ambulance to the hospital following botched abortions in the last ten years.
- 74 of these were confirmed medical emergencies.
- Ambulance drivers who come to rescue the abortion victims are instructed by Planned Parenthood to ride with lights and sirens off, so as not to alert anyone that they’re hurting people.
- They failed basic health inspections, with officials noting unsafe conditions.
- They were given reasonable changes to make in a reasonable amount of time.
- They refused to comply.
- Their abortionists refused to come forward and explain why their patients keep leaving in ambulances, and the court said, “That’s okay, it’s too hard for you to travel three miles to the courthouse.”
- We rallied in support of this facilities closure, with a huge turnout.
- The refusal to comply resulted in the revoking of their license.
- Today, an activist judge decided that abortion facilities are above the law, women’s safety doesn’t matter because abortion comes first, and they can continue operating as is.
So justice was not served today. But it will be. We have to wonder what the 74 women maimed at this facility would have to say about these proceedings.
Students for Life of America has worked tirelessly in the state to protect women’s health by advocating for closing the facility. To read more, click here.
For more on the harms of abortion, click here.
For questions and interviews, please contact Kristi Hamrick at firstname.lastname@example.org.