“Only 7 percent of Millennials can stomach the abortion extremism of the Democratic Party,” said Students for Life of America’s Michele Hendrickson. “Planned Parenthood’s so-called healthcare event ignores the obvious – pregnancy is not a disease cured by abortion.”
WASHINGTON D.C. (06-19-19) –When Democratic Presidential hopefuls visit the University of South Carolina campus to coincide with the S.C. Democratic Party Convention at the Columbia Convention Center on Saturday, Students for Life of America will be there with the Pro-Life Generation to protest the abortion extremism of the party and its aspiring leadership. SFLA will host a Pro-Woman/Pro-Life Event along with USC’s Advocates for Life. Local pro-life groups, students and dignitaries will gather to peacefully speak out and rally against Planned Parenthood’s agenda, which focuses on forcing taxpayers to fund their deadly enterprise.
“Planned Parenthood claims they want to protect ‘healthcare,’ which for them is a euphemism for abortion,” said Students for Life of America Eastern Regional Director Michele Hendrickson who will host the event. “The extremism of Planned Parenthood as they push for taxpayer funded abortion throughout pregnancy is out of step with what people truly want – policies that help women succeed and home and at work.”
Prior to the Planned Parenthood Candidate Forum, the Pro-Woman/Pro-Life Event will take place from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. eastern at 900 Senate Street outside the Campus Alumni Center.
Earlier this year, SFLA sponsored a poll of Millennials often presumed to support the radical abortion agenda of Planned Parenthood. When faced with the ugly realities of the abortion industry’s business model, Millennials instead supported a life-affirming agenda.
Here are our Key Findings:
- 7 of 10 Millennials support limits on abortion through specific policies like parental notification, limiting abortions later in pregnancy like at 5 months of pregnancy, and opposition to government funding of abortion.
- Only 7 percent shared the position of the Democratic Party Platform – abortion without any exceptions and funded by tax dollars.
- More Millennials than not support Roe’s reversal. Asked directly about support for overturning Roe and returning abortion to the states, 41 percent supported Roe’s reversal.
- 65 percent of Millennials support the right to vote on abortion-related policy and want a voice on abortion policy.
- 56 percent of Millennials oppose selling Chemical Abortion drugs on-line or dropping the requirement for a physical exam because of the risks to women.
- By about a 3 to 1 margin (48 percent to 17 percent), Millennials said they preferred that their tax monies went to Federally Qualified Health Centers rather than the abortion giant, Planned Parenthood.
- 51 percent said that they opposed Roe, when they understood it allows for abortion through all 9 months of pregnancy
For more on the harms of abortion, click here.
For questions and interviews, please contact Kristi Hamrick at [email protected]