The Democratic Governor of Illinois, J.B. Pritzker, who is currently under federal investigation for tax issues, signed today a Planned Parenthood-backed law that would basically remove any protections for the preborn, women, and families, from law. The law would:
- Allow for abortions up until the moment of birth
- Declare abortion a fundamental right
- Force Catholic doctors and nurses to commit abortions
- Legalize partial-birth abortions
- Force all taxpayers to pay for abortion
The law was passed using Chicago-style politics, including manipulating the legislative process. According to the pro-life Illinois Family Institute, speaker Mike Madigan, a “Catholic”, broke normal procedure to pass the legislation over Memorial Day weekend in order to appease the Planned Parenthood Democrats in his party.
Laurie Higgins writes, “Here are some of the stinking rotten details of the egregious violation of public trust that took place Sunday night and of which many Illinoisans may be unaware:
- Cassidy introduced her original Kill-Babies-Bill (HB 2495) on February 13 but it never received even a hearing, so she tweaked it a bit to make it more offensive to the consciences of decent people, including specifically denying that humans in the womb have any legal rights.
- On Sunday, May 26, Cassidy and her accomplices then gutted a different bill (i.e., The Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities Code: SB 25) that had already moved through the first three of the five steps of the legislative process, replacing it with her Kill-Babies-Bill as an amendment to the now-gutted bill. This enables Cassidy’s bill to circumvent the regular lawmaking process before the legislative session ends on May 31.
- Madigan’s House rules require a minimum of one hour’s notice between the posting of a bill and its hearing and vote in committee. Cassidy and her accomplices posted the new 126-page “amendment” at 6:08 p.m. on Sunday night during a holiday weekend and scheduled the hearing at 7:08 p.m., thereby preventing opponents from attending and speaking out against it. The “suddenness” of the meeting explains why Cassidy had an ACLU attorney present with a polished 4-minute disquisition and an abortionist with a 5-minute presentation while opponent speakers Ralph Rivera representing Illinois Right to Life Action and Zachary Wichmann representing the Catholic Conference of Illinois were able to make only extemporaneous comments.”
Reaction on social media was swift:
.@GovPritzker So you couldn't figure out a way to balance the budget, fix the pension problems, address the segregation issues in the city of Chicago/public schools system, but you figured out a way to legalize infanticide? Got it.
— Students for Life (@StudentsforLife) June 12, 2019
News: Illinois governor J.B. Pritzker has signed the Reproductive Health Act, the most radical abortion bill in the country. The RHA:
–deems abortion on demand a fundamental right
–requires insurance companies to pay for elective abortions
–compels doctors to perform abortions
— Alexandra DeSanctis (@xan_desanctis) June 12, 2019
The good news is that life is winning in America, with strong pro-life laws recently being signed in Missouri, Alabama, Louisiana, Georgia, and Ohio.
Students for Life of America and Students for Life Action is preparing for a post-Roe America and preparing to take the fight to every state.