[NEW YORK CITY, NY 4-10-19]:
Students for Life of America has landed in NYC! We have arrived to vote out abortion and set New York back on a path towards respect for all life. Our annual Gala is held in New York regardless, but it’s especially appropriate this year that we host one of our biggest events of the year in what is now the most abortion-happy city in the country. So, yes, our Gala is tonight in the Big Apple – but in the wake of the monstrous Reproductive Health Act, we decided we needed to do a bit more this year.
Follow our journey as we enjoy our Gala tonight, do pro-life outreach in Times Square tomorrow, all while looking skyward at our SFLA billboard ad proudly blazing our pro-life message for all to see. Check out our schedule this week:
Wednesday, April 10th
- 6:00AM thru Saturday (4/13) at 2:00AM EST in Times Square: SFLA Billboard
- 7:20PM EST: Students for Life of America Gala. Tune in to our Facebook live stream!
- Theme: Bringing Light to the Darkness
- Edison Hotel Ballroom
- 240 West 47th St. New York, NY 10036
- 6:30 p.m. to 9:30p.m.
- Registered media only.
Thursday, April 11th
- Students for Life Action/Students for Life of America Protest
- Time: 11 a.m. to noon
- Times Square vicinity at 7th and W. 47th Street
- Students will be walking with a chain of crosses numbering more than 900, representing the number of lives lost at Planned Parenthood each day. We’ll be live streaming this, too!
- Also taking place in the same location and time:
- Gathering signatures for a petition to the New York Department of Health.
- Students for Life is bringing our highly successful #PlannedParenthoodTruth tour, currently touring 130 campuses this Spring, to the heart of New York City, talking about the abysmal standard of care that women endure in New York as a result of the Reproductive Health Act. The message of the #PlannedParenthoodTruth tour is that women’s healthcare organizations should be regulated and inspected to ensure safety and to avoid corruption. Staff and students will be collecting signatures to let the NY Department of Health know that New Yorkers will not be silent as women walk through facilities that offer no protections for their patients.
Thanks for joining us (virtually) during this jam-packed week!