Have you seen this one before?
Yeah, we hate it too! It is the furthest thing from the truth. That’s why we are so proud to announce the next step in our work to SUPPORT pregnant women and parenting families!
SFLA Partners with Paid Family Leave
Students for Life of America is partnering with Rick Santorum’s group, Patriot Voices, for their Paid Family Leave project, a national effort that would bring financial support to families welcoming a new baby into the world. This is a coalition to support the CRADLE Act, which was introduced by Senators Joni Ernst and Mike Lee. Groups across the country will participate in an educational campaign and petition drive between March 25th and April 26th, 2019.
Instead of a new baby creating a financial crisis, what if both parents could be supported to stay home and bond with their baby and family? Currently, a quarter of new mothers return to work within two weeks of giving birth. Fathers go back even sooner, although studies show those who stay home during this time are more likely to be involved in future child-rearing activities. Statistics on the health of families in the U.S. are troubling, with marriage and childbirth rates plummeting. Meanwhile, infant mortality rates are the highest in the developed world.
We can do better, we MUST do better, and the Pro-Life Generation is ready to lead the way!
Here is what you can do today:
- SIGN UP to join the mission of supporting Pregnant and Parenting Students and receive your campus awareness and tabling kit. Materials and t-shirts are FREE when you sign the Pledge for your school:
- DOWNLOAD the free Family Leave Kit HERE to host an educational display and petition drive between March 25th and April 26th, 2019.
- COLLECT SIGNATURES with the petition in the kit and BE VISIBLE on campus this semester, showing your proud support of this policy.
- ENTER TO WIN prizes at every level! As you collect more and more signatures, you earn more and more prizes. Collect them all and ENTER your signatures for us to send to Congress here: Entry Form and Signature Upload. Signatures are due no later than April 30th.
- 20-49 signatures: an SFLA draw-string bag with a 25% off coupon towards your purchase of our new Empower Women t-shirt
- 50-99 signatures: 20 Empowered Women stickers
- 100-124 signatures: 20 Empowered Women wristbands
- 125-150 signatures: 1 Empower Women T-shirt
- Over 150 signatures: 1 SFLA mug & Two more Empower Women T-shirts
Don’t lose heart, #ProLifeGen – we know you care for humans of ALL stages and we are proud of the work you are doing!