We are excited today to announce the date and theme for the 2019 SFLA National Conference.
SAVE THE DATE!
2019 SFLA National Conference
Saturday, January 19, 2019
FBC Glenarden Event Center
600 Watkins Park Drive
Upper Marlboro, MD
This year’s conference was a huge success! With the official launch of our 5 Pillars of Effective Pro-Life Engagement and over 25 breakout workshops to choose from it lived up to the theme of Momentum. I don’t think anyone left without a renewed sense that they are not alone and that we have momentum on our side and some new ways to impact their campuses for Life.
Well, we know it doesn’t stop with momentum but that is just where it starts! That is why our 2019 SFLA National Conference theme will be Called. We are so excited that everyone went home with momentum, but we want to bring you all back next year to figure out just where you are called to serve in the pro-life movement. We believe you are Called…to lead…to change culture…and to save lives! And this will be our 2019 focus to equip you in leadership, culture changing strategies, and how best to save the lives of the most vulnerable among us, the preborn.
Keep reading for some other great opportunities in relation to the 2019 SFLA National Conference:
Hotel & SFLA National Conference Early Bird Discount Package!
If your group has struggled with the costs associated with planning a trip to the March for Life and the SFLA National Conference this is the discount package for you! But you will need to act fast because space is very limited. This opportunity is for student groups only – not individuals as we are working to fill quad rooms (rooms that sleep four people with two double beds).
- 2-night stay for one at Metro Points Hotel – $10
- 1 student/adult registration for the SFLA National Conference – $30
You read that correctly – two nights at a hotel, plus our SFLA National Conference (which includes lunch and dinner) all for $40! SFLA has a room block at the Metro Points Hotel for 50 rooms and at this rate they are going to fill up quickly.
Here is what you need to do to secure this awesome early bird package for you and your group.
- Register for your group online and choose your check in and check out dates for your two night stay.
- Once you register you will receive a link to pay for the non-refundable hold for your hotel rooms. Each attendee will have to pay $10 now to hold their spot in the room block – so if you have a group of 16 that would be $160 that needs to be paid now to hold these rooms.
- Pay to hold your rooms. Rooms will only be reserved as payments are made, so the first who pay will be the first to secure this early bird special.
- Once you pay you will get the discount code for the SFLA National Conference and you must register by November 1, 2018, and pay for the conference by January 1, 2019.
You must register and attend the SFLA National Conference to get this deal! If you register for this early bird special but do not register to attend the SFLA Conference by November 1, 2018 your room block will be opened for others. If after registering for the SFLA National Conference, you do not make your payment by January 1, 2019 your room block will be opened for others.
Once the room block is full we will switch over to a wait list in case drop offs need to be filled.
The hotel will need a rooming list of names by January 1, 2019, so all you need to know now is how many people will be coming on your trip – not specific names yet.
SFLA’s Diocesan & Church Grant Program
If you are planning a trip through a church or diocese we have an opportunity for you! SFLA’s Diocesan & Church Grant program, grant awardees receive free SFLA Conference registration for their entire group (valued at $45 per student) plus $1,000, $750, or $500 to put towards travel costs. Grants are only given to groups that attend the SFLA National Conference as a part of their March for Life pilgrimage. The application is now open and applicants can be filled out online here.