The tide has turned, and the pro-life movement has gained incredible momentum over the past few years. With each local victory, national exposure of Planned Parenthood, and student group success, we are emboldening more Pro-Life Generation student leaders to rise up. And yet, with all these victories, we run into new challenges. Pro-choice advocates are running scared, because they see that the youth on our side. They see the legal and cultural victories, and they are getting desperate.
As some of you may know, there is a pro-choice group called “Lady Parts Justice League” (LPJL). Their campaigns, such as the Vagical Mystery Tour (*Yes, you read that right!) and Expose Fake Clinics, are the latest attempts to mock the pro-life community’s outreach to and services for women and families. This group has even begun protesting pregnancy resource centers (PRCs) and spreading outrageous propaganda against these life-affirming, life-saving organizations.
Take a look…
The accusations made in this video are laughable. We know the truth about pregnancy resource centers. They are safe, loving places for women and family in need of real care, help, and support. We refuse to let these amazing centers be slandered and attacked by groups like LPJL.
It is important that your student group is paying attention to local pro-choice activities so that you are prepared to respond to events and so that you are aware of common local concerns. Here are some easy steps to stay alert and respond quickly to local pro-choice activities.
Find out who is “Lady Parts Justice League” next targets:
- Follow their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ladypartsjusticeleague/
- Check the Event Listings here for LPJL events in your area: https://exposefakeclinics.squarespace.com/start-or-join-a-demonstration/
Be on the lookout for local Planned Parenthood events:
- Sign up for local pro-choice groups email “Action Alerts,” like Planned Parenthood.
- Learn about upcoming local Planned Parenthood events: http://plannedparenthoodevents.ngpvanhost.com/
Alert Your Local PRC
If you notice that your local pregnancy resource center is a target in an upcoming attack, contact them ASAP to make sure that they are aware and prepared. You can explain what efforts you and your student group will be taking to defend them (e.g. submitting positive reviews online and preparing a positive presence outside the center), and ask them what help they might need.
Ratings and Reviews
For every clinic that pro-choice advocates target with their Expose Fake Clinics campaign, go leave 5-star positive review of that center on Facebook, Yelp, Google+, and other rating sites to promote the helpful, holistic services that these centers are offering.
Better yet, go do this now! Beat them to the punch, and send your local pregnancy resource center some extra love today. You can even share your personal testimony of positive experiences with your local center.
If you are not sure what to write, you can share something like:
- NAME OF PRC provides free, compassionate services to pregnant and parenting women and families in NAME OF CITY. Their staff members are sincere and helpful. I would be happy to recommend my friends, family, and neighbors in need to this center.
- NAME OF PRC provides free, compassionate pregnancy and parenting support services. This center offers [include list of services].
- Great staff, free services, and helpful resources!
- I have visited and worked with NAME OF PRC for the past XX years. They are an incredible organization with compassionate staff. I would be happy to recommend my friends, family, and neighbors in need to this center.
Positive Signs and Slogans
If there is a protest of your local pregnancy support center (or you simply want to show your PRC some extra love!), you can show up with a peaceful, positive presence. Use one of your meeting times to create posters in support of your local center. These posters may say:
- We support NAME OF CENTER.
- We <3 NAME OF CENTER
- NAME OF CENTER offers love, care, and help!
- FREE services for pregnant and parenting women
- Pregnant? Need help? We’re here to help.
- Pregnant? Parenting? You are welcome here.
- Pregnant? Parenting? You are not alone.
- Pregnant? You are loved. You are brave. You are welcome here.
- Every parent deserves loving support.
- Compassion. Support. Help.
- Pro-life, pro-woman, pro-family
- Thank you for choosing LIFE!
Use Your Social Media Savvy
Take advantage of your online platform, and spread truthful, positive information about your local pregnancy resource center. You can take such actions as:
- Post regularly about what services your local pregnancy resource center offers. Include their contact information, location, and business hours to encourage your peers and community members to seek out their helpful services.
- Ask your local PRC staff if they would be willing to let you tour their center and interview their staff. You can host a Facebook Live video, or create a pretty, edited video about their center.
- Like, follow, and share posts from your local PRC’s social media accounts (e.g. on Facebook, Instagram, etc).
Support Your PRC On and Off Campus
Last but not least, involve your local PRC staff in your student group’s activities and help them become a visible presence at your school.
- Invite your local PRC staff to join you on campus for your student group events. Ask them to serve as speakers or discussion panel representatives.
- Offer to post their flyers or hand out brochures and business cards.
- Host fundraisers or material aid drives (like diaper drives) to engage your campus in supporting this center.
- Organize baby showers or letter writing campaigns to support clients served by the center.
Need more ideas? You can talk to your local center about what volunteer opportunities may be available, and recruit your student group members and friends to go serve at the center. Whether you are volunteering at events, answering phones, painting, gardening, or simply doing odd jobs around the center, you can be of great service to your local PRC.