Chicago Pro-Life Future is among our most active Pro-Life Future chapters with a consistent schedule of both activism and social events. We wanted to take a moment to celebrate this awesome chapter and their fervent commitment to transforming their city.
Why they do what they do
We asked Meghan Meehan (Chicago PLF President) to share why they do what they do and how they are actively engaging their city. Here is Meghan’s response:
“Why do we do what we do? To SAVE BABIES. Chicago PLF’s mission is to join ALL pro-life groups in the Chicago area by sharing events and supporting one another. We all have many talents and different approaches to ending abortion. Together, we CAN end abortion and SAVE the BABIES. If we continue to stay divided we will never win the war on women and children.”
Team bonding and community activism
For activities, the chapter has a great mix of outreach and social engagement. Some of the event highlights include:
- Team Building: Rock Climbing for Babies was a favorite event. The chapter members worked on team building and later went out for ice cream to discuss upcoming event ideas.
- Community and Social Events: Following Mass, PLF members went “Bowling for Babies” for a fun community activity. For other social events, the chapter hosts an annual Christmas Caroling for Babies in the local community and Jumping for Babies at the Sky Zone Trampoline Park.
- Fundraisers: The chapter’s Beach Volleyball Tournament was a huge hit. With over 100 people signed up to participate, they were able to donate over $1,200 to support Aid for Women, a pregnancy help organization committed the serving women and families in Chicago.
- Activism: Chicago Pro-Life Future maintains a regular prayerful presence in front of the Access Health Center, an abortion clinic that has on its record at least one wrongful death case involving Melissa Heim in 2001. Each month, the chapter meets at a highway overpass for up to 3 hours (11am-2pm) to hold a huge banner that says “Abortion Takes Human Life.” Their pro-life signs and billboards have been viewed over 8.8 million times in 2016 around Chicago. This includes overpasses in Downtown Chicago, Northwest Chicago (Garfield Park), Oak Park, Joliet, Northfield/Winnetka and Naperville/Aurora, as well as billboards throughout Chicago. At the highway overpass events, the chapter members hold two huge signs that say “Abortion Takes Human Life”.
- Volunteering: The chapter participates in Aid for Women’s annual Christmas Party for pregnant clients. For the past two years, the group has served food and provides gift bags for the children of clients.